Problem Redeeming Visa Points

micdee

I redeemed points online back in December for OBC. Waited a couple weeks before I called the Rewards department to see if they had been applied. I was told they could see them, but they were'nt applied yet, and to call back later.

This morning I called again, and was told the same thing. I explained to the rep that I was cruising on March 3 and she told me not to worry, that they would be applied by then. When I questioned what would happen if they were'nt, she became very snippy with me, and told me my points would then be returned to me. I told her that I wanted the OBC applied to this cruise, not one to be determined later, and she told me that they are backed up and there was nothing she could do.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is this common, if not, how long did it take for your points to be applied?

Any suggestions? Thanks

I just tried redeeming some and the web page for doing so is not running. They're working on it and it says to try again on Feb. 12th.

Seems I remember there being a note on the website saying it was in the process of some changes and updating. Hopefully it is just a day or two that it will be down.

I redeemed points online back in December for OBC. Waited a couple weeks before I called the Rewards department to see if they had been applied. I was told they could see them, but they were'nt applied yet, and to call back later.

This morning I called again, and was told the same thing. I explained to the rep that I was cruising on March 3 and she told me not to worry, that they would be applied by then. When I questioned what would happen if they were'nt, she became very snippy with me, and told me my points would then be returned to me. I told her that I wanted the OBC applied to this cruise, not one to be determined later, and she told me that they are backed up and there was nothing she could do.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is this common, if not, how long did it take for your points to be applied?

Any suggestions? Thanks

Same problem here. :(

My travel agent has called 5x.

My situation is a little worse as I turned in points for a cruise for 2 and final payment is Tuesday. I am due a credit of $2438.

All RCCI keeps on saying is that they are behind and working on it. :confused:

If the credit is not applied by Tuesday I will have to pay for the cruise and fight them to get a credit back.

Not looking forward to that.

In years past I never had a problem with the points.

Obviously the new system is not working.

Archived