Water Island Bike & Beach Adventure

stones902

Has anyone tried this excursion on St. Thomas? If so, what was your opinion?

How long is the bike portion of the trip? How about the beach portion? Would be be back to the ship on time for some afternoon shopping?

We are looking for a physically active excursion that would still allow us to get a little shopping in (and also some beach time). We are both in our early 40's and are in good shape.

Thanks for your opinions.

My husband and I did this excursion a few years ago and really enjoyed it. It was also a great way to meet other couples with our interests. I don't recall that it was real long......there was some time at the beach afterwards. I'm not much of a shopper, but Iknow we had the time if we had wanted to.......Mary

My wife and I did this shore excusion while on the Celebrity Millennium in January of this year. We enjoyed the excursion very much. The bike ride was not overly intense, as much was down hill, but it was fun. The island has a very interesting history from the devastating hurricane to the military base that guarded the area from communists during the cold war. The beach part was short, but the beach was clean. The facilities for changing and showering were not fancy by any means, but they did the job.

Hi neighbor! We did this on our honeymoon in 2001. It starts off with a short pontoon boat ride across the bay to Water Island. then a open bus ride to the top (And past the ONLY Stop sign on the island.) of the island. your tour guides will then size you for a helmet and Cannondale bike, given a bottle of water and off you go. The ride down is less than 5 miles to Honeymoon Beach(I think that was the name). The whole trip was about 4 hours long. there was an option when you were at the beach for a more challenging ride through the island to add a few more miles.

Archived