Transfer to Heathrow

rugbypopsie

How early should we order private car transfer from Kensington to Heathrow in order to be ready for a 10.53 am international flight? It will be a Monday morning.:confused:

From Kensington it is far easier to go to Paddington and catch the Heathrow Express train that takes around 15 minutes and takes you straight to the terminals.

A car chould take as little as 20 mins but it all depends on the traffic on the Hammersmith Flyover and the M4 and then through the tunnel into LHR. If you are going from T4 or T5 then they are on the other side of the airport so you should allow 45 mins.

The train looks good as an option...so a taxi to Paddington Station and then the train. Are there lots of steps etc. at the train as we will have a fair bit of luggage?

We have to take a BA flight to Instanbul does anyone know which Heathrow terminal that will leave from?

Sue

Hi,

Londoner who hangs out here....

Allow an hour for the car + 3 hours for check in. Good advice to ask the car company too.

From another thread, Popsie's flight is to Istanbul.

So latest check-in is likely to be 60 mins or less before the flight.

But bearing in mind the potential for delays through security, I guess I'd aim for at least 90 mins.

Monday morning traffic will mostly be going in the opposite direction, though it can screw-up junctions. So I agree, about an hour from hotel to airport whether by car or taxi/Heathrow Express. So this means out of the hotel front door by around 08.30.

Popsie - be sure to have US$20 or €15 per person cash to buy your turkish visa at Attaturk airport (kiosk just ahead of immigration)

JB :)

From another thread, Popsie's flight is to Istanbul.

So latest check-in is likely to be 60 mins or less before the flight.

But bearing in mind the potential for delays through security, I guess I'd aim for at least 90 mins.

Monday morning traffic will mostly be going in the opposite direction, though it can screw-up junctions. So I agree, about an hour from hotel to airport whether by car or taxi/Heathrow Express. So this means out of the hotel front door by around 08.30.

Popsie - be sure to have US$20 or €15 per person cash to buy your turkish visa at Attaturk airport (kiosk just ahead of immigration)

Thanks JB after looking at both options the best option seems to be prviate car picking up at hotel and leaving sufficient room to allow for delays etc.

There are two couples sharing costs. Given our amount of luggage we would probably need two taxis to get to Paddington..so therefore the private van seems a better option we can get a van from around 70 pounds to drive us.

Unfortunately we are not flying business to Instanbul so cannot use their (BA)lounges is there a "pay for use" option that is more comfortable to wait in..

I have never landed at Heathrow only Gatwick so I am totally unfamiliar with Heathrow..except what I have seen on TV. I am planning on leaving hotel at 7.30 latest so we have a comfortable amount of time to allow for any delay.

Sue

I have never landed at Heathrow only Gatwick so I am totally unfamiliar with Heathrow..except what I have seen on TV. I am planning on leaving hotel at 7.30 latest so we have a comfortable amount of time to allow for any delay.

Sue

BA fly almost exclusively out of Terminal 5, we flew to Istanbul with them from there a few months ago.

T5 is away from the zoo that is T1 - 3.

At the far end of the airport but not accessed by the T1 - 3 tunnel that can foul-up, and your driver has the choice of the motorway round the airport right to the terminal or cut through the perimeter road depending on traffic. Spacious terminal, plenty of free luggage trolleys, bag drop if you book-in on-line, good breakfast around £8

Hope you've given yourself time to enjoy Istanbul

Archived