Honolulu Hotel Recommendations

danceisfun

Most of the Hotels are down in Waikiki, but here is a list of Hotels I found. I can't recommend any since we don't live there and have only been to the Islands twice, once for a convention and in 2008 on a cruise, which docks at the Aloha Towers. http://hotelguides.com/hawaii/honolulu-hi-cruise-port-hotels.html. i am researching Hotels but for 2014 when we come back from our Austrlia cruise.

Most of the Hotels are down in Waikiki, but here is a list of Hotels I found. I can't recommend any since we don't live there and have only been to the Islands twice, once for a convention and in 2008 on a cruise, which docks at the Aloha Towers. http://hotelguides.com/hawaii/honolulu-hi-cruise-port-hotels.html. i am researching Hotels but for 2014 when we come back from our Austrlia cruise.

Thanks a million. That helps! If anyone else has stayed somewhere that they would recommend, please let me know.

Cheers!

We are staying in Honolulu one night before embarking on HI cruise. What hotel is close to where ship docks, is quiet and safe?

The Ala Moana hotel is on/in/part of/side of the Ala Moana Shopping Center which is the largest on our island. As it is perhaps 300 yards or so from the nearest shop (Macy's) and separated from the shopping complex, it should be quiet. It also seems to have a lot of flight personnel staying there.

The Hawaiian Prince is right next to the Yacht Harbor but should be quiet.

I have eaten at both hotels but, as I live here, have not stayed in any of the hotels mentioned.

A couple of days ago there was a special announced at the Ala Moana Hotel for $38/nt. from Mar. 1-Apr. 15. They were selling 46 rooms at this price per night. Don't know if there is still anything available. You may want to Google Big Game Deal at Ala Moana Hotel to find more info.

We stayed at Embassy Suites for a night this past December before our cruise. Had a great room, great location as it was just a short walk to the beach to catch the Friday night fireworks being shot off from the Hilton Hawaiian Village. In addition, they have a wonderful breakfast spread which included made to order eggs and omelets. The included breakfast helped us a bit as we were a family of four.

We are staying in Honolulu one night before embarking on HI cruise. What hotel is close to where ship docks, is quiet and safe?

I'm writing this from the Ala Moana. As mentioned, it may be the closest to the dock, I'm not sure. If you're staying just one night it might be suitable for you. we've been here for a week (on the mauka side) and have been awakened at 5:30 every morning by the trash truck. The noise continues from then on with buses warming up in the parking lot below and trucks going through the alley all day. The upside is, it's close to the restaurants at the mall and trolleys.

I got the room for $100 on a priceline bid and that was the best price I could find in the area.

Hope this helps.

BEAR

• 4 weeks later...
I'm writing this from the Ala Moana. As mentioned, it may be the closest to the dock, I'm not sure. If you're staying just one night it might be suitable for you. we've been here for a week (on the mauka side) and have been awakened at 5:30 every morning by the trash truck. The noise continues from then on with buses warming up in the parking lot below and trucks going through the alley all day.

That is not good. I wouldn't want to be awakened every day at 5:30am like that.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm writing this from the Ala Moana. As mentioned, it may be the closest to the dock, I'm not sure. If you're staying just one night it might be suitable for you. we've been here for a week (on the mauka side) and have been awakened at 5:30 every morning by the trash truck. The noise continues from then on with buses warming up in the parking lot below and trucks going through the alley all day. The upside is, it's close to the restaurants at the mall and trolleys.

I got the room for $100 on a priceline bid and that was the best price I could find in the area.

Hope this helps.

BEAR

Dang, too bad Bear.

Yes, the Ala Moana is not a place I'd stay for a week or even two nights. I recommend it a lot for people who have to be at the cruise port or HNL, but only for overnights. It also has one of the better dim sum restaurants in Honolulu.

If you are there for more than one night look at the Outrigger Reef, Waikiki Parc, Hyatt Regency and if budget allows, Halekulani, Royal Hawaiian and Moana Surfrider.

Two other nice places at the entrance of Waikiki are the Hawaiian Prince and The Modern.

• 2 weeks later...

Last time we took the cruise we stayed right up the street from the pier at the Aston at the Executive Centre. It's a highrise and we could see the port from our room window. It's mainly used for business people but it served our purpose for one night. I think you can walk to the port if you don't have alot of luggage...we took a cab. I think it took 45 seconds to get there!!!

We were on Golden princess Mar. 14 - 28, 2012. A big portion of Waikiki beach was torn up due to reconstruction of the beach. If interested in staying on the beach, I would phone to see if open.

There are restoring sand to Waikiki Beach. My understanding is that most of the beach in front of the major hotels is closed 7:00 a.m. to noon, 7 days per week until about the end of April. Reopens at noon daily.

At the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beachwalk right now and would vote for this place. All suite hotel, 2hr open bar from 5:30-7:30pm & free full breakfast. Place is not cheap but they have decent AAA rates for members. BTW: They actually asked for my AAA card at check in so make sure you bring the card. One block from beach & you can see the Friday night HHV fireworks from the beach. Great restaurants nearby round out a very nice choice for a hotel.

There are restoring sand to Waikiki Beach. My understanding is that most of the beach in front of the major hotels is closed 7:00 a.m. to noon, 7 days per week until about the end of April. Reopens at noon daily.

There are 8 hotels on Waikiki Beach if you include the Hale Koa, this phase of the sand restoration won't affect 5 of them, the Halekulani, Hilton Hawaiian, Outrigger Reef, Sheraton and Hale Koa.

Archived