Sail with Simplicity - question on gratuities

mysparky

Based upon suggestions on this board, we are looking to book a day sail with Simplicity tours. I have a quick question on gratuities....

When I inquired about the tour, I was given the price of 135/pp and at the end of the email, there was a note that gratuity of 15-20% is customary. I was a little taken aback by this note because a) mentioning that they expect a gratuity seemed a bit forward to me (particularly because these guys own the company...not like they're working for someone else) and b) the price for family of 4 is $540, which means gratuity is another $80-100.

I can't recall a time that we didn't tip after a tour, but usually, we've tossed in another $40 or so.

Does the email and guidelines around gratuity seem typical? Just looking for guidance here.

Based upon suggestions on this board, we are looking to book a day sail with Simplicity tours. I have a quick question on gratuities....

When I inquired about the tour, I was given the price of 135/pp and at the end of the email, there was a note that gratuity of 15-20% is customary. I was a little taken aback by this note because a) mentioning that they expect a gratuity seemed a bit forward to me (particularly because these guys own the company...not like they're working for someone else) and b) the price for family of 4 is $540, which means gratuity is another $80-100.

I can't recall a time that we didn't tip after a tour, but usually, we've tossed in another $40 or so.

Does the email and guidelines around gratuity seem typical? Just looking for guidance here.

Gratuity should be $ 4 -5 per person maximum!

Archived