What Ship Would You Choose and Why? (Out of San Juan) Princ, Celebrity, Carnival, RC

jresn02

Adventure of the Seas</SPAN>

Caribbean Princess

Celebrity Summit

Carnival Victory

Looking to go Mid April. We are in our mid 30's and have been on Celebrity Infinity, Navigator of the seas, and a Few Carnival Boats. Never been on Princess. We have NOT been to the islands on any itenirary so really all of them will be new. So really comes down to the best ship. We like food so the ship with better choices and food would be best. Anyone been on these boats and can compare? The prices are within 200 bucks of each other so really I would take that out of the equation as we are happy with the prices.

These are actually not boats, but ships. Be that as it may, you are posting this on a Princess board, so you will probably get more positive responses for the Caribbean Princess.

As for food, from what knowledge I have, it seems that Princess's food is better, but the demographic is a bit older on Princess than it is on RCCL or Carnival. It all depends on what you like, besides food.

Also, there are no water slides, rock climbing walls, skating rinks or hairy chest contests on Princess.

I love Princess because of the more refined atmosphere, food is excellent, and am not a late night partier.

I hope this helps.

I would take the Summit. DS and DH would take the Princess ship. While we enjoy Carnival, the food is, on our opinion, not comparable to the other two. We think the food is much better on Celebrity, or at least it has been on the two Celebrity ships we've been on. I know there are a lot of people who would go the other way and say Princess' food is better. The guys like Princess better because they like their entertainment better.

I don't think you can go wrong with Princess or Celebrity.

Just my two cents.

Ohiodoglover

It's kind of a toss up between Celebrity, Princess and RCI depending on what you're looking for. If you'd listed the Serenade of the Seas that would have been the one I'd pick, but I think she's heading for Europe a week or so before the Adventure.

I'm also doing the Southern Caribbean this year and picked Princess. RCI was already going to be gone by the week I'll be there so my choices were Celebrity, Carnival and Princess. I ruled out Carnival just because it's Carnival :D and ended up on Princess because I've sailed on the line before, and because the ship leaves on Sunday instead of Saturday. I still hope to find a Celebrity cruise that fits my schedule someday because I've heard great things about that line.

I think you'll find Princess and Celebrity a bit more laid back, no silly pool games (which some people like), no towel animals, etc.

Princess lets you bring a bottle of wine onto the ship. Any kind of alcohol is forbidden from being brought onto RCI.

RCI has a rock climbing wall if you're into that, but the other ships all have nice gyms.

The Adventure has a large promenade down the middle of the ship on a couple decks which is sort of like a large mall with shops and eating places.

The decor on Princess and Celebrity has a more classy feel to it, like an upscale hotel.

Princess has more closet space than RCI in balcony cabins.

It's kind of a toss up between Celebrity, Princess and RCI depending on what you're looking for. If you'd listed the Serenade of the Seas that would have been the one I'd pick, but I think she's heading for Europe a week or so before the Adventure.

I'm also doing the Southern Caribbean this year and picked Princess. RCI was already going to be gone by the week I'll be there so my choices were Celebrity, Carnival and Princess. I ruled out Carnival just because it's Carnival :D and ended up on Princess because I've sailed on the line before, and because the ship leaves on Sunday instead of Saturday. I still hope to find a Celebrity cruise that fits my schedule someday because I've heard great things about that line.

I think you'll find Princess and Celebrity a bit more laid back, no silly pool games (which some people like), no towel animals, etc.

Princess lets you bring a bottle of wine onto the ship. Any kind of alcohol is forbidden from being brought onto RCI.

RCI has a rock climbing wall if you're into that, but the other ships all have nice gyms.

The Adventure has a large promenade down the middle of the ship on a couple decks which is sort of like a large mall with shops and eating places.

The decor on Princess and Celebrity has a more classy feel to it, like an upscale hotel.

Princess has more closet space than RCI in balcony cabins.

Just echoing what this poster said about Serenade as a suggestion. She is leaving San Juan, but I believe her sister Brilliance is taking her place. It's a lovely class of ship and the dining service is outstanding. Having said that, I'm thinking we may try Summit for the first time in 2013.

Good luck choosing.

Archived