Worst cruise of my life.

Redcab

3. The HQ people DID allow my son to enter the teen club 2 days before his birthday. So it really wasn't impossible. Again, why did it have to rise to that level? Why couldn't the discussion and action take place on the ship?

I and the other 100's of pax want the same for our kids. If you can do it for Suzie Yellsalot why cant you do it for ME...

Its only a few days , weeks , months before the Birth day...

If you dont get it , no one here is going to be able to explain it to you.

Its called NO , you should have learned this lesson a long long time ago.

Good luck to you and yours.:rolleyes:

But your analogy was sitting at the sushi bar is like watching a movie you didn't pay for.

I bought enough sushi for all 3 of us so I don't see your point. Analogy denied.

Get things correct I said nothing about a movie theater. Just pointing out the the sushi bar is an upcharge venue.

I can tell you honestly what I have learned from this thread.

We need to start finding things to complain about. We can get free wine, free specialty dining, and future cruise credit.

Thank you OP!

Exactly what I was thinking!!

Ah, but you made an assumption that gf would be drinking which is a law. But I have been to plenty of parties in hotels where those over 21 would have a wrisband and be allowed to drink and those without not. So, in this case, it was the hotel's policy, not a law. So more like your situation than not. The decision dn made was on gf's presence, not alcohol consumption.

No....at least in my state (California) it is a law that persons under the age of 21 may not be in a bar, but they can be in a restaurant that serves liquor. Texas may be different and I don't know those liquor laws but she could have been denied entrance for legal reasons related to how the facility was designated on its liquor license.

I can tell you honestly what I have learned from this thread.

We need to start finding things to complain about. We can get free wine, free specialty dining, and future cruise credit.

Thank you OP!

I hear ya . Unfortunately there are people that live by this rule of Me first and its what makes the rest of the world Sigh.

BTW, that event did not "ruin" my vacation. It was just another annoyance and seem indicative of the NCL culture. There were enough of those that I feel compelled to share them with folks who come here to share our OPINIONS.

Might I direct you to your original post: "(ruining our vacation I might add because if you're kid isn't happy it sure is hard to enjoy yourself)."

Or is that just more attention-seeking inflammatory hyperbole? Again, I wonder why...

Please at least be consistent. You could have some valid points, except you are presenting them in a manner that is likely to have most people rushing to cruise on NCL. It is reasonable to query if NCL should give more leeway to their middle management, and even note that you felt frustrated, and that it detracted from your vacation. But, you are all over the place with your rhetoric, and I imagine that is not going to get much support in any forum.

You sound as miserable and entitled as all those cruisers that I cross my fingers never to have to sail with.

I didn't know that following rules was arrogant. I suppose if you get pulled over for speeding then the police officer should let it slide because you had to take a tinkle really bad so obviously you are an exception.

Get over yourself. You got comped for being a whiner. No other cruise line is going to kiss your tush as hard and you will be even more sad.

Read the contract before booking the cruise and re-read all the paperwork you are sent when you pay as well. Everything you had a problem with was very clearly stated in your contract. As for your son getting the boot, if your wife had not made arrangements for the extra seat then he had none.

OP wrote "I'm still telling everyone I know and all of you and every cruise board I can find."

So you think that "telling everyone I know" is going to do so much as make a dent in NCL's business?

Im not on other forums but looking at the responce on this page alone, do you really think that by typing this crap on "every cruise board I can find" will do any damage to NCL? The answer is NO!

Actually NCL should send you some $ because thanks to your post, they have even more FREE PRESS! This thread alone, thanks to your post, NCL has a TON of great/ positive free press.

You said that this post did what you wanted, did you intend to bash NCL and have nothing but experienced NCL customers come on and not only defend NCL but rave about the service and the quality product they get each and every time? I dont think that was your original intention so I don't think your original post really worked out for you. This has turned into an NCL is great thread.

PS. If 10K is a lot for you to spend on a group of your size, can I offer 6 flags and a Best Western?

THE OP IS A TOOL!

Several times a day someone unfamiliar with NCL comes onto this forum to learn about the line. I hope they will read my post and all your reactions and decide for themselves whether NCL will meet their expectations.

If you have discouraged even a single potential cruiser with your same mindset to avoid a NCL ship I might happen to be sailing your efforts are greatly appreciated. ;)

If you have discouraged even a single potential cruiser with your same mindset to avoid a NCL ship I might happen to be sailing your efforts are greatly appreciated. ;)

+1

Keep them away. Sneaking booze on board (seems to be a hot topic) is not what costs NCL $ and drives up the cost, comping this tool and "everyone he knows" is what will cost us.

Don't confuse legal drinking age which is a law with an inflexible age cut off for using the teen lounge which is a policy. The law is out of their control. The policy is not.

Too bad no one was talking about the legal drinking age.......:confused:

Don't confuse legal drinking age which is a law with an inflexible age cut off for using the teen lounge which is a policy. The law is out of their control. The policy is not.

Teen lounge is LAW. Its the law of the ship, the law of the cruise line. YOU wanted special treatment, YOU wanted to be above the law.

I assume if if you hated the smell of cigars and your neighbor (on the ship) was smoking one on the balcony, you would hold your neighbor to the rules. Im sure you would call and inform EVERYONE that rules are rules and its ruining your trip!

I forgot to ask earlier...

Since you're not going to use it, can I have your certificate?

Ok, I admit this thread is entertaining. This post from computerworks and the OP's response are my favorites. I wish I would have thought to ask about the OBC.

I did find the post from the guy in Sacramento bashing an entire metropolitan area quite rude and he even got someone from the east coast to agree with him. Then again, I guess I'm a bit sensitive about where I chose to live. I love it here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

LOL I love how the OP posted yesterday and there is already 10 pages of replies.. and 3 more replies than the "Am I bad" thread that makes fun of negative reviews!! :D

I would be SO happy with all those freebies over little inconviences! Heck-comp me one free drink or give me a cheap bottle of champagne and I'm happy..but it doesn't take much to please me!

Plus, I would think sitting by the pool bikini watching would be enough entertainment for an almost 13 year old boy.;)

I agree with the OP.

A lot of little things begin to add up after a while.

Most people would react the same if they had a lot of small issues.

I also agree with the commen sense part.

Reminds me of a clerk asking for ID when buying liquor because it is a company policy, even though the person is over 60 and looks it.

All that means is that the boss tells them they are to stupid to make an easy judgement call...

I did find the post from the guy in Sacramento bashing an entire metropolitan area quite rude and he even got someone from the east coast to agree with him. Then again, I guess I'm a bit sensitive about where I chose to live. I love it here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

LOL! Try living in the South! :D

Sorry for my lack of crocodile tears at your plight of enduring the abuse one takes for living in San Francisco.

Well, the admin was kind enough to repost my thread, so let me repost the reply that I typed earlier(with some small edits).... I really LOVE this discussion. Here goes....

The point of my post was that NCL could have done things for me AT NO ADDITIONAL COST which would have saved them from comping me with free stuff AND made my family joyful for being on their boat AND inspired me to tell all my friends what a fantastic time we had on their ship. I pointed out that the problem was that line people and managers on the ship were not given the flexibility to solve problems on the spot. Read that last sentence, it may be a little more insightful than the usual complaints I've read here about the size of the TV or the plushness of the towels.

Maybe they did have the flexibility to solve your problems but they didn't like your attitude :mad:

Archived