How's the AOS Embarkation Recently?

bzv143

I would definitely arrive after 2:30.

We tried early and arrived at 11:15...there were still people getting off and the line to drop off checked luggage was horrendous. The porter/luggage service did not start until 12 noon and by then there was HUGE line. You have to drag all your bags, hand them to the porters (with a tip, no less!) and then go wait again in another line to board.

It took us 2 hours (Jan 29th cruise)

We left the ship at 2:45 to go explore the forts and the situation was much improved!

Going on AOS out of San Juan this Sunday. Saw awful reports of embarkation process earlier. Has it improved? If not, will arriving at, say, 2:30pm help to alleviate the "pain"? Thanks! :eek:

I would also like to hear how you make out with boarding, and how the ship is! Im sure it is awesome. We are doing the T/A in April and so looking forward to the ship. I think we are going to stow our luggage at the hotel and board later in the day, 4ish, if that is a practical thing to do

Have a great time and post some pictures too.

My girlfriend and I were on the AOS Jan 22-29th yes the embarkation lines are long but when we left the cab we saw porters in the back where luggage was being loaded and gave it to them before we entered the line... We arrived around 2 and got to our cabin around 3 ish would have been earlier but the 2 people in front of us hadn't filled out the proper paperwork so we just had to wait. :cool: BTW if you ever have the chance to request a cabin we had 7388 very back of ship huge balcony with great views.. Had breakfast on balcony and pre dinner snacks almost every night while enjoying the sunsets.

We boarded Jan 22 for a B2B and found if you have the cab driver drop you off at the very end of the line and load your bags there with the porter, then you walk right up to the check in line and are not having to do 2 lines. We arrived about 12:45 and it may have taken 45minutes before we were onboard.

Also, when you disembark you will see that they have disembarkation times posted right up to 11:30am, so you know the ship can't clear before then. It is the latest I have ever seen times posted for leaving the ship - it's usually around 10 - 10:30 they want everyone off.

BTW if you ever have the chance to request a cabin we had 7388 very back of ship huge balcony with great views.. Had breakfast on balcony and pre dinner snacks almost every night while enjoying the sunsets.

Glad to hear that you loved this corner aft balcony. We will have this cabin on 3/4/12 & are very excited it will be our first corner aft. Could you tell me if you had loungers on the balcony or just chairs? Thanks so much!

We are heading out on AOS on 3/4. Would like to hear how it goes with your embarkation. Have a great trip!

Jeannegirl,

We'll be on this same cruise also. If you haven't already done so please join our roll call! We have lots of things planned (a cabin crawl, a poker run & several group tours thru private vendors on the different islands. Some people who are arriving early are meeting for dinner the night before in San Juan). We'd live to have you join us!

Glad to hear that you loved this corner aft balcony. We will have this cabin on 3/4/12 & are very excited it will be our first corner aft. Could you tell me if you had loungers on the balcony or just chairs? Thanks so much!

We were in 7388 in November. It had two regular chairs, one chair with attached foot rest, and one lounge chair. Also one very small table. I requested another lounge chair and a larger table, but never got either (despite requests to our stateroom attendant, head of housekeeping and guest services :rolleyes: ). I thought about just liberating another lounger from the pool deck but never got around to it.

Archived