Navigator Promenade Cabin 8261-8263

JGORD7

I was just upgraded to a promenade view cabin 8261 ajoining with 8263 & was wondering if anyone had an opinion on these cabins. They seem to be a bit larger than the inside cabin we were in which may help as i'm a little closterphobic..lol Any opinion is welcome!

53 Days...woo hooo:D

We just stayed in a deck 7 PR room on the Navigator last week, and I have stayed in one on the Explorer before as well. I think they're a great alternative to inside rooms as you get the window which helps a lot with claustrophobia. Some people have complained about noise coming through the window... we could definitely hear the parades, 70's party, and the music on the formal nights, but on 5/6 nights, it was off before we went to bed and we actually liked being able to hear it as we people-watched from the window. There was 1 night where we could hear the music when we got into bed at 1am, but it stopped shortly after. Not sure where it was coming from, and it was the only time that happened.

Our room was not connecting, but you can see a couple pictures of it in my review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1564805

• 1 month later...

I'm glad to see the pictures as I am seriously thinking about downgrading from an OV to a PR on the Navigator for a TA I'm booked on for November.

I do have one question: Is the light natural or is there, for lack of a better word, a ceiling over the Promenade itself?

We have had 3 different Promenade rooms all on deck 8 on Adventure, Mariner, and Explorer (all sister ships of Navigator).

We LOVE them. A little larger than the inside .. and feel much larger with the window overlooking the Promenade.

Decks 7 and 8 are good .. some people complain about noise on deck 6 depending on what venue is beneath your cabin.

There is a ceiling, no natural light. They seem to change the "tint" of the lighting. I always noticed at night time, it had a bluer tint

I do have one question: Is the light natural or is there, for lack of a better word, a ceiling over the Promenade itself?

It took me a couple of nights to realize what I was seeing, with the light changing. It was weird, but helpful if I woke up in the middle of the night... knew it wasn't morning yet.

I have just downgraded to the PR and will keep the changing of the light in mind as I will keep the curtains open once I go to bed.

Archived