Just Back; Brilliance-panama Canal

Thanks for the offer! Here's a few questions:

What was your overall impression?

How was the food -- particularly in the dining room?

Would love to hear more about the activities that are going on during the sea days. Any chance you could post the Compasses?

Hi there,

We are going to Panama in October on the Sreenade. What were the excursions? In your opinion; should we stay on the ship or leave the ship during the transit thru the canal? I am so undecided about this. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Peggy

I am also just back from this voyage. I thought the food in the dining room was very good. Snacks in Seaview cafe and Solarium also very good! Our wait staff and cabin attendants were just great! Hors d' ouvers are offered at the Champagne bar every eveining, including chocolate strawberries.Also Champagn cocktails for $5 from 5 to 8 PM. I recommend looking at the Costa Rica board for tips about excursions. We stayed on the ship in the Panama Canal. No real need to get up at the crack of dawn. The trip back down the Canal is identical to the entrance, in reverse order. It is very interesting. I met a couple who did a ship tour to Portobello who were trying to get their money refunded. Said it was a terrible tour, too hot and dirty. Exactly why I didn't take a ship tour in Panama. Our tour in Costa Rica was with Oscar and I have just posted comments. We were the only ship in Grand Cayman, so had a very uncrowded beach. Unfortunately, most of the trees that give shade have been destroyed by the hurricane last fall. The palms seem to have survived fairly well, but there's not a lot of shade under a tall palm. The Brilliance is an elegant ship, and tho' scheduled for dry dock this week, she only showed a few carpet stains as far as wear and tear. She is beautiful!

Also just got off this cruise. Had a great time. Agree with the others.

We also tried Portofino's and Chops...the food and service was worth the $20.

We stayed on the ship through the canal, did a bus tour in Aruba since we had never been (RCI excursion) my son did a snorkle trip and said it was great (also an RCI exursion). We did the zip line in Costa Rica through Almonds and Corals or Corals and Almonds (booked online) which was awesome!! And did the stingray exursion through RCI in Grand Cayman which was also great because there were only 8 of us on the boat!! A videographer came with the tour and she took some great footage of the trip and us and had it ready and on the ship before we sailed!! Normally they have about 60 people on this excursion (this was the 7:45a tour)! We were done by 10:30 and spent a couple of hours on 7 mile beach then went shopping.

We would definitely sail on this ship again!

-the food was good evry where through out the ship!!

-in costa rica..purto lim. do an excursion then shop in the market right by the ship DO NOT BOTHER TO EXPLORE THIS THIRD WORLD TOWN.

-the ship is wonderful and so is the crew!

-i dont like c.d.'s so i wont give a view of ours!

-costa rica is lush!

-panamal canal is breath taking. first set of locks then do the tor. canal excursion!

-g.c. is g.c.

-aruba we snorkled by the sjhip wreck..had a great time!

11 days is a good a good cruise!

dean

Archived