Cabins

deepwaters5

Going on the Island Escape later this year for my first cruise ever. :D

Have upgraded to outside cabin on decks 7/8/9. Am considering pre-booking a room as I don't want to have paid the extra to get an obstructed view cabin upon boarding. After reading tips and posts, I still have some questions.

Is one of those 3 decks better than the others and why?

Is there ANY difference in this type of cabin or are they all the same?

My husband is hoping for a quick dip in the pool each morning, we plan on seeing shows as well as partaking of the drinks on our AI package in the evenings. Don't want to be too close to any noise at night, if there is any. Have been on smaller boats and ferries and never had a problem with seasickness on those so hoping all good on that front - therefore not necessarily looking for mid-ship.

Any help and comments appreciated!

Going on the Island Escape later this year for my first cruise ever. :D

Have upgraded to outside cabin on decks 7/8/9. Am considering pre-booking a room as I don't want to have paid the extra to get an obstructed view cabin upon boarding. After reading tips and posts, I still have some questions.

Is one of those 3 decks better than the others and why?

Deck 9 Restricted view

Is there ANY difference in this type of cabin or are they all the same?

Cabins all basically the same

My husband is hoping for a quick dip in the pool each morning, we plan on seeing shows as well as partaking of the drinks on our AI package in the evenings. Don't want to be too close to any noise at night, if there is any. Have been on smaller boats and ferries and never had a problem with seasickness on those so hoping all good on that front - therefore not necessarily looking for mid-ship.

The Pool :eek: It's not very big plus they don't fill it up until 8 30 ish in the mornings.

Shows: 2 shows per night, 1 @ 8 and another @10 we always went to the second show after a meal, not such a rat race and what better way to make your meal settle with a sleep in the show :p I jest>.

Better off away from the sharp end (bow) if it's a bit choppy when sailing at nights it does tend to slap against the bow with a bang and wake you up :D

Any help and comments appreciated!

Any other questions I will try and help as have been on the good ship IE > 10 times.

RR

Hi, We stayed on deck 9 on our first cruise (cabin 9048). It was quite nicely situated just downstairs from the Beachcomber restaurant, pool, etc. We had a wardrobe with doors and a fridge and flat screen tv. A picture window but the only downside was that it was entirely blocked by a large tender. Looking at the deck plan it seems as though there are gaps inbetween the lifeboats but these gaps are filled with the ironwork that holds them in place. If would recommend deck 9 but pick a cabin away from the lifeboats but near to the stairs. It was pretty quiet on that deck and didn't see a lot of other passengers in the corridors, we were under the photo shop which wasn't open very often and we had no disturbance.

The 2nd time we chose deck 8 and picked a cabin near the front. This was a mistake, the cabin was most definitely smaller than the first one with a curtain across the wardrobe instead of doors and we hardly had any space to pass each other in the corridor between the wardrobe and the bathroom. The bathroom had a bit of a step over to get into it, we had no fridge and the tv was the old style and bulky. We hardly got any sleep in there as there were loud banging noises every night which sounded like someone was hitting the side of the ship with a sledgehammer. Also, the ship pitches and rolls a lot more at the front end (and I mean a lot more!).

I would choose a cabin as near midships as possible, the IE is a converted car ferry and can move about a bit in a swell and this is less noticeable midships. I don't know about deck 7 but of the 2 we stayed on we definitely would go for deck 9 but away from the lifeboats.:):)

Jan

Archived