Beverage drop off

butternut1

Good morning,

Totally new to Carnival and have lots of questions. If anyone could please answer them, I would be most appreciative.

1. I read that you are allowed to bring on 1 bottle of wine per person at embarkation and that it needs to be in your carry on. Can anyone tell me if you can purchase wine at a port and bring it on or is it just limited to 1 per person on embarkation and that's it?

2. Can you bring beverages onboard? We usually bring on a case of cokes with Princess and leave it with the porter (tagged) along with our luggage. Can you do that with Carnival? Beer?

3. I believe that gratuities are 10.00 per day per person, is this correct?

4. Can anyone tell me about the buffet? I researched Dining on the Carnival website but saw nothing about the buffet. Is it in a location of it's own or is it in the MDR?

5. Room service. I assume that there is a room service menu but I also read where you can order from the MDR? Is this correct or did I misunderstand? Is there a cost for room service?

6. Specialty restaurants. We are going on the Glory. Can anyone tell me what restaurants they have and the cost? I assume that you cannot make a reservation prior to boarding, is this correct?

Ok, I know, lots of questions. :) If anyone can answer any of these, I really would appreciate it. We've only sailed on Princess and I'm looking forward to a change with Carnival. Thanks so much for your time. Have a great day, everyone.

1. 1 750ml bottle per adult on original embarkation only.

2. 1 12 pack per person, must be brought with your carry-on. No beer.

3. Recently raised 10 $11.50.

4. The buffet is located on the Lido deck, not with the MDR.

5. Room service, which is free, has its own menu mostly cold sandwiches, or continental breakfast. It is customary to tip the deliverers one or two dollars as they are not included in the $11.50.

6. The Glory has 1 pay restaurant, a steakhouse. Well worth the $30 upcharge.

Good morning,

Totally new to Carnival and have lots of questions. If anyone could please answer them, I would be most appreciative.

1. I read that you are allowed to bring on 1 bottle of wine per person at embarkation and that it needs to be in your carry on. Can anyone tell me if you can purchase wine at a port and bring it on or is it just limited to 1 per person on embarkation and that's it? 2. Can you bring beverages onboard? We usually bring on a case of cokes with Princess and leave it with the porter (tagged) along with our luggage. Can you do that with Carnival? Beer? 3. I believe that gratuities are 10.00 per day per person, is this correct?

4. Can anyone tell me about the buffet? I researched Dining on the Carnival website but saw nothing about the buffet. Is it in a location of it's own or is it in the MDR?

5. Room service. I assume that there is a room service menu but I also read where you can order from the MDR? Is this correct or did I misunderstand? Is there a cost for room service?

6. Specialty restaurants. We are going on the Glory. Can anyone tell me what restaurants they have and the cost? I assume that you cannot make a reservation prior to boarding, is this correct?

Ok, I know, lots of questions. :) If anyone can answer any of these, I really would appreciate it. We've only sailed on Princess and I'm looking forward to a change with Carnival. Thanks so much for your time. Have a great day, everyone.

1. At embarkation. In port they will hold it for you.

FYI- corkage in the MDR is $10 (more in the SteakHouse). No corkage charged if drank in your room or the glass is carried to the MDR.

2. All beverages must be in your carryon, no beer.

3. Grats are now $11.50pp/pd

4. The buffet is on the lido deck, inside and out. Depending on the ship parts can be outside aft as well.

5. Room service has it's own menu. No charge but a tip is appreciated.

6. There will be a Chef's Table one or two nights ($75). Steakhouse is $30. There has been a first night special recently. A free bottle of house wine.

Seeing your title "Beverage Drop off" just want to remind you that cabins are generally not ready until 130pm. You need to cart around your wine/sodas until that time. Some folks will say they "sneek" to their cabin to drop off those items but thats very rude IMO as the stewards are working quickly to complete turn-around. The best advice I've been told is this: The big doors leading to the cabin hallways are closed for a reason. When the cabins are ready, the doors will open and that's your signal to go to your cabin.

Have a great cruise!:cool:

Seeing your title "Beverage Drop off" just want to remind you that cabins are generally not ready until 130pm. You need to cart around your wine/sodas until that time. Some folks will say they "sneek" to their cabin to drop off those items but thats very rude IMO as the stewards are working quickly to complete turn-around. The best advice I've been told is this: The big doors leading to the cabin hallways are closed for a reason. When the cabins are ready, the doors will open and that's your signal to go to your cabin.

Have a great cruise!:cool:

Great to know, Rebecca. Thanks so much.

Good morning,

1. I read that you are allowed to bring on 1 bottle of wine per person at embarkation and that it needs to be in your carry on. Can anyone tell me if you can purchase wine at a port and bring it on or is it just limited to 1 per person on embarkation and that's it?

2. Can you bring beverages onboard? We usually bring on a case of cokes with Princess and leave it with the porter (tagged) along with our luggage. Can you do that with Carnival? Beer?

3. I believe that gratuities are 10.00 per day per person, is this correct?

Just a couple of additions.

2. The porters took my 12 pack of Pepsi in Ft. Lauderdale when we cruised on the Carnival Freedom. I know this isn't customary, but obviously some porters do it.

6. You can make reservations at the steakhouse prior to your sail date. Just contact Carnival and they will give you the email address to the steakhouse of your specific ship. You can email them and they will send you back a reservation confirmation.

And lastly, HAVE A GREAT TIME! :)

Just a couple of additions.

2. The porters took my 12 pack of Pepsi in Ft. Lauderdale when we cruised on the Carnival Freedom. I know this isn't customary, but obviously some porters do it.

6. You can make reservations at the steakhouse prior to your sail date. Just contact Carnival and they will give you the email address to the steakhouse of your specific ship. You can email them and they will send you back a reservation confirmation.

And lastly, HAVE A GREAT TIME! :)

Oh, Ok, great! Nice to know that you can make a reservation prior to boarding. That's one up on Princess. You have to wait to make reservations. Needless to say, it's a mad rush once you board.... Awesome information. Thanks so much!

Oh, Ok, great! Nice to know that you can make a reservation prior to boarding. That's one up on Princess. You have to wait to make reservations. Needless to say, it's a mad rush once you board.... Awesome information. Thanks so much!

Also you can't order from the MDR from room service.

Wasn't that an awesome 5 day cruise to nowhere we just had?

Bill

Also you can't order from the MDR from room service.

Wasn't that an awesome 5 day cruise to nowhere we just had?

Bill

It was an experience, that's for sure. One I never want repeated!! Bill, were you booked on a B2B (4th thru 18th) or just the 4th thru 11th cruise?

It was an experience, that's for sure. One I never want repeated!! Bill, were you booked on a B2B (4th thru 18th) or just the 4th thru 11th cruise?

I was just on for that one week. I couldn't wait to get off that ship!

I'm with you. I never want to experience anything like that again.

Hope your next cruise comes off without a hitch.:)

Bill

I was just on for that one week. I couldn't wait to get off that ship!

I'm with you. I never want to experience anything like that again.

Hope your next cruise comes off without a hitch.:)

Bill

Thanks, Bill. I hope your next cruise is wonderful as well. We were on the 14 day cruise Feb 4th-18th After seeing what was happening and confining ourselves to our cabin in fear of contracting the Noro, when we got back to Ft. Lauderdale, we chose to get off the ship and not return for the last part of the 14 day cruise. We are now paying the price for having decided to keep ourselves healthy. No refund for the last half of the cruise whatsoever. After hearing people throwing up as you walked down the halls, walking into not one but two elevators where it was obvious that someone had been sick and then hearing that there was an incident where someone got sick in the dining room etc. we just couldn't deal with it any longer. I know for a fact that many passengers never even reported being ill. Didn't think it wise to travel for 4 hrs to Orlando in a bus with passengers who may have been infected with the Noro to be put up in a hotel for two days while cleaning was done on the ship. It all pretty much put a damper on my birthday and our anniversary celebrations. I know these things happen but like I said, hope we all never experience that again.

If you read the Fun Times papers, which will be placed in your cabin nightly, it will tell you if there are any happy hour occasions. There are usually nights where margaritas or martinis are featured. Any special drink deals will be in the Fun Times. Captain's Cocktail Party features $1 off per drink, for instance.

If you read the Fun Times papers, which will be placed in your cabin nightly, it will tell you if there are any happy hour occasions. There are usually nights where margaritas or martinis are featured. Any special drink deals will be in the Fun Times. Captain's Cocktail Party features $1 off per drink, for instance.

Thanks so much for the information!

Archived