Pearl Harbor

floridafolks

A cab one way is $30-35 per cab---bus route 20 takes you to the

memorial ($2.50pp)---check the bus website--the stop is close to Aloha Towers--

if you get tickets on the gov site--you need to pick them at least one hour before your tour or they release them.

cabs and buses are avaialble at the memorial site parking lot.

Take bus 20 back to aloha towers.

ckeck the Arizonia memorial gov website on the rules for children

from the gov website:

Atmosphere on the Memorials

Visitors to the USS Arizona Memorial, the USS Oklahoma Memorial and the USS Utah Memorial should remember that these memorials commemorate those who died as a part of the December 7, 1941 attack. These memorials are places of honor, inspiration, reflection, and quiet contemplation. Visitors are asked to assist in maintaining an atmosphere of decorum.

Strollers

Strollers are allowed in the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, but not in the theaters or on shuttle boats to the USS Arizona Memorial. While strollers may be parked at the theaters and picked up once the visitors return from the Memorial, NPS is not responsible for monitoring strollers or other personal items left behind.

Refreshments

We encourage you to plan ahead for your hydration and nutritional needs. While only bottled water is permitted on the actual tour, you are welcome to bring your own food and drinks into the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. Concessions are available for purchase on-site as well.

Recommended Dress

Civilian

Visitors are reminded that they are visiting a site of tremendous loss of life in service to our country. Sandals are permissible, but bathing suits or profane T-shirts are discouraged.

BG

I did a search but am having trouble finding a thread touching on the best way to get down to the USS Arizona Memorial if doing it yourself and NOT in a tour group 1) should we take a shuttle or cab?

My wife and I went to Pearl Harbor from the Golden Princess docked at Aloha Tower. We wanted to get there early so we took a taxi. There is a taxi stand right outside the terminal. Everyone was going to Pearl Harbor. Honolulu has a lot of 7 passenger minivan taxis. The driver filled up his van with 7 people, and off we went. The fare came to $5 a person, tip included. We were there at 8AM, and got tour tickets for 8:15AM. We were very pleased with that.

When we left, we walked up to the street and turned left. There is a city bus stop right there that took us back into downtown Honolulu for $2.50 a person. We had a quick Plate Lunch downtown, then walked to Iolani Palace and took a tour there. Then we hopped on another bus right across the street and took it out to Waikiki Beach. We did all this and were still back on the ship by 6PM for dinner.

The website says that if you don't get there an hour ahead they will give away your tickets.

Is there a limit to how early you can collect the ticket? We have an excursion booked for the morning, and I wanted to book a ticket for Pearl Harbor in the afternoon, but we don't get back to the ship until 1.15pm, and the latest tour currently available is at 2.30pm. I could collect the ticket before the excursion (it starts at 9.45am) if that's possible, otherwise I'd have to miss it - we were originally going to go on the second day, with an airport drop-off, but American Airlines have brought our flight forward from 9pm to 12.15pm, so we won't have time - plus we'd have luggage, etc.

Archived