Another Latitudes Question Regarding Early Booking

tlm

Not sure if this particular situation has been addressed.

We booked our last cruise in March /11. We cruised in an Owner's Suite Jan 15/12. It was a seven day cruise.

We were only given 7 points for the itinerary and 7 points for sailing in a suite. I understood that because we sailed after Dec 5/11 (the implementation of the new Latitude program) we would get credit for the early booking.

The terms on the Latitudes page say:

"Points are earned based on the length of the cruise itinerary, booking select categories of stateroom (suite category or above not including mini suites), cruises that have been realized on or after December 5th, 2011 in which instance the booking was made nine (9) months or more in advance of the date of sailing, bookings made with a Latitudes Insider Offer on eligible cruises."

I emailed the Latitudes Program and this is the response I received.

"The Additional points for early booking are applicable to those sailings booked from the effective date of the new Latitudes rewards program which is 12-05-2011.

Any sailings booked previous to 12-05-2011 are credited on a one point per day basis

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause"

Has anyone received the early booking points for a cruise taken after Dec 5/11?

Thanks

Toni

Not sure if this particular situation has been addressed.

We booked our last cruise in March /11. We cruised in an Owner's Suite Jan 15/12. It was a seven day cruise.

We were only given 7 points for the itinerary and 7 points for sailing in a suite. I understood that because we sailed after Dec 5/11 (the implementation of the new Latitude program) we would get credit for the early booking.

The terms on the Latitudes page say:

"Points are earned based on the length of the cruise itinerary, booking select categories of stateroom (suite category or above not including mini suites), cruises that have been realized on or after December 5th, 2011 in which instance the booking was made nine (9) months or more in advance of the date of sailing, bookings made with a Latitudes Insider Offer on eligible cruises."

I emailed the Latitudes Program and this is the response I received.

"The Additional points for early booking are applicable to those sailings booked from the effective date of the new Latitudes rewards program which is 12-05-2011.

Any sailings booked previous to 12-05-2011 are credited on a one point per day basis

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause"

Has anyone received the early booking points for a cruise taken after Dec 5/11?

Thanks

Toni

I've received the extra points for early booking on our 12/10 JEWEL cruise 7 days and received 21 points and last month on our 1/29 GEM cruise 10 days no suite 20 points.

Are you sure you got the suite points, and not the early booking points? Was your original reservation for a suite? The suite points seemed to be issued only if that was what the original booking was, not for upsells or upgrading after the original booking.

It wasn't an upgrade...we booked an OS right from the start. I wonder if their system is looking at a later booking date as we added our daughter in November?

That should have no bearing on the original booking date.

Should I email the same person back or is there somewhere else I should send my enquiry. This response from them took almost three weeks. (I know they are behind)

Toni

. . . Has anyone received the early booking points for a cruise taken after Dec 5/11?

Toni: Yes, I have.

It wasn't an upgrade...we booked an OS right from the start. I wonder if their system is looking at a later booking date as we added our daughter in November?

My gut feeling is that the revision of adding the extra person is the issue. If your reservation number did not change in the process of adding your daughter, I do believe you have a strong case to get the extra point-per-day added.

My gut feeling is that the revision of adding the extra person is the issue. If your reservation number did not change in the process of adding your daughter, I do believe you have a strong case to get the extra point-per-day added.

You have a point there... I don't think they would be able to give 2 people on the reservation 3x the points, and the third person...the daughter...only 2x's the points because she wasn't in on the early booking but added later so she would not be entitled to the early booking points.

It could just be the software issue in assigning points isn't capable of giving different amounts of points to different people on the same reservation, so it falls back to giving the least amount of point to everyone.

Archived