spa treatments...

lorrdean

... are they worth it?

we are sailing on Serenade of the seas in June and are meeting up with folks who we met last year on our first cruise.:)

One of our ports is Ravenna in Italy, now the guys want to visit the Ferrari museum, fine by us, but it's not our cup of tea so we ladies thought about having a spa session. having checked them out I find the prices a bit high, and I'm wondering if they are worth the money, or if we would be better off spending the money else where.

I would be grateful for everyone's thoughts on this, as at this present time I cant justify the money spent on a massage.

sandra

They are indeed pricey and I have yet to pay full price for one. I went on Allure with $350 in OBC so I didn't mind spending $300 on a couples massage then. They also will announce specials periodically, though on my last cruise, it was more of an upsell sale than a price reduction, at least on the first day. Once onboard if you indicate something is too high, ask about port day specials or other specials and see what happens.

I'm not into massages but never pass up an opportunity for a facial. It's something I can never find the time for at home. I do try to do it on a port day so the price is generally better but if that doesn't work with our plans, I'll pay. It's all part of being on vacation!

Archived