Luggage tags being withdrawn fleetwide

LeeGrant

48 hours my a8se! Even their systems are not that slow, I bet if you look on Friday lunchtime they are on the website!

My TA was told my tags option would be there by noon the next day that was on Monday , and guess what , still not there , today is Friday .

I prefer these - and much cheaper! Maybe only open to UK PAX.

http://www.mycruise.in/store/

There is a site that is cheaper but CC removes it from the post so that was an example. Gotta say I have not seen them as cheap as you found. How much is the shipping? sometime that's makes up the savings difference.

Ok, well this is where I am.....

My TA contacted Royal and they have said that they will re request the documents and e mail them to her (should take approx 48 hrs) this should show the new bag tag system. My TA is then going to print off extra copies of the bag tags and post them to me!!!

I have gone into my booking a few minutes ago and it now says that my 'documents are not yet issued' so I guess they are doing what they said they would!!!

What a palaver!!!

A couple of weeks ago my status said docs issued , I collected them from TA , then I had to question about tags , my docs went back to not yet issued ,even though I had them , I thought aha this is because they have to re issue with the tags request option , a couple of days ago my docs went back to the status of issued , yet still no request tags option there ,so yes what a palava , I am just hoping that I haven't got the option because royal told my TA they would send them to my home address ,I will hang on another week and if still no tags it will be back to the TA .so yes I hope royals dept that are supposed to sort this tag nonsense out get fed up of all the pestering as it is them that has caused all this hassle .

My TA was told my tags option would be there by noon the next day that was on Monday , and guess what , still not there , today is Friday .

Is she doing any followup? If not maybe you should be looking for another TA. Personally I am going to try not to use one anymore. I like to be in control, I hate calling RCCL and being told I cannot make any changes and that I need to go through the TA.

There is a site that is cheaper but CC removes it from the post so that was an example. Gotta say I have not seen them as cheap as you found. How much is the shipping? sometime that's makes up the savings difference.

Tags were £0.99 each and shipping was £1.50. I ordered 4 tags. (Total just under £5.50)

Not sure what it would be in the US......

A couple of weeks ago my status said docs issued , I collected them from TA , then I had to question about tags , my docs went back to not yet issued ,even though I had them , I thought aha this is because they have to re issue with the tags request option , a couple of days ago my docs went back to the status of issued , yet still no request tags option there ,so yes what a palava , I am just hoping that I haven't got the option because royal told my TA they would send them to my home address ,I will hang on another week and if still no tags it will be back to the TA .so yes I hope royals dept that are supposed to sort this tag nonsense out get fed up of all the pestering as it is them that has caused all this hassle .

I will give them until Monday and then be back on the blower again!!!!!

Is she doing any followup? If not maybe you should be looking for another TA. Personally I am going to try not to use one anymore. I like to be in control, I hate calling RCCL and being told I cannot make any changes and that I need to go through the TA.

I totally agree. Although my TA have been very good I really hate not being in control and having to go through a third party when its something I can sort myself. This is the second time we have used a TA and next time I would rather pay a little more, book direct and be in control. Not that I'm a control freak or anything!!!!!!:D

I totally agree. Although my TA have been very good I really hate not being in control and having to go through a third party when its something I can sort myself. This is the second time we have used a TA and next time I would rather pay a little more, book direct and be in control. Not that I'm a control freak or anything!!!!!!:D

I too have only used a TA 2 times. I have not gotten any price that was different than the cruise line advertised price anyway. I am guessing that the better prices are for seasoned travelers. I see all the time the giveaways that TA's give but have not seen any myself. Gotta go late for work BLAH!! TGIF!

In your humble opinion of course!!! ;)

If you have a question about your bag tags, someone emailed guestsupport.uk@rccl.com and mentioned this problem about the docs not having the tag, they gave them their booking number and the next day there were new docs on the website with the bag tag page there!!!

Well, who else's opinion would I be posting?:rolleyes:

on our first couple sailings, we didn't even know we could order luggage tags. We just took the e-doc version and printed those. Laminated them and attached with cable ties. Worked great (mostly, first sailing one was ripped from the cable tie.:( )

Erika

We made a mistake of just attaching the paper tags to the luggage and yes you guessed it, it poured with rain in San Juan. No bags obviously got delivered as the tags had departed the bags quayside, had to find them from masses that were in the same position onboard. definitely worth laminating them, provided you have the kit! Otherwise be prepared to play 'Hunt The Suitcase's' onboard...................

Yes she has been great , when I informed her that the tags she had printed where not the right ones she called royal to be told my docs would have that option by noon the next day , when this didn't happen she phoned them again and let rip saying that her customer was unhappy about the situation , it was then that they told her they would send them to my home address ,she has told me that if I don't receive them within two weeks to let her know and she will chase them again ,I couldnt do any more than that myself , I always use a TA as I don't have any printing facilities so I would have been no better off booking direct with royal ,it's royal that's causing the hassle by not putting the option to print my tags in the docs , the TA can't print off what isn't there .

I will give them until Monday and then be back on the blower again!!!!!

Royal told the TA that my tags would be delivered within two weeks so I will give it till then , only reason I am thinking they won't do this is because I don't understand how royal can print them if the option isn't showing on my booking , unless of course they are sending out the ones they used to send that are not print yourselves ones ,will just have to wait and see .:rolleyes:

Royal told the TA that my tags would be delivered within two weeks so I will give it till then , only reason I am thinking they won't do this is because I don't understand how royal can print them if the option isn't showing on my booking , unless of course they are sending out the ones they used to send that are not print yourselves ones ,will just have to wait and see .:rolleyes:

Well!!! Blow me down with a feather. New documents on line WITH a lovely luggage label available to print!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

TA also said that she would print out some and send them to me so I may let her use her ink and paper not mine!!!!

Good luck with yours. :)

I wonder if UK cruisers booked through a TA also use this email address if they have problems with Bag/Luggage Tags ?

Liz, well that was the email address that was on the email they sent out, and that went to guests who have said they had a travel agent as well as some who seem to have booked with Royal directly. Let's hope the email address does exactly what it says on the tin!! :D

Well!!! Blow me down with a feather. New documents on line WITH a lovely luggage label available to print!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

TA also said that she would print out some and send them to me so I may let her use her ink and paper not mine!!!!

Good luck with yours. :)

Thank you , I am not holding my breath though , I will only believe I will get them when I. actualy see them .

It's not my TA that is at fault , royal has brought out this trial just for the Independence sailings , we have to print out our own tags , no problem at all , my TA wanted to do this but royal have not put the option to print out a tag on my booking documents ,on previous cruises my TA has presented me with all the paperwork plus my luggage tags , however this time royal have messed up not having the option to print them out .

You get your cruise docs from your TA...so you don't get Edocs ?

Is your TA charging you the fee for the documents she gives you ?

I am curious to know if it is only those who get their docs from TA's who are having the problem getting the bag/luggage tags.

Liz, well that was the email address that was on the email they sent out, and that went to guests who have said they had a travel agent as well as some who seem to have booked with Royal directly. Let's hope the email address does exactly what it says on the tin!! :D

Thanks. :D

The UK office is usually good at sorting stuff out when there is a problem that they are aware of.

A lot of cruisers forget that the UK office has to do what Miami tells them, it's not like the UK office can just say..."hey lets try this and see what happens"...they are told to do it and in this matter of the bag/luggage tags they (UK office) are the ones feeling the brunt of the guests anger.

You get your cruise docs from your TA...so you don't get Edocs ?

Is your TA charging you the fee for the documents she gives you ?

I am curious to know if it is only those who get their docs from TA's who are having the problem getting the bag/luggage tags.

Yes I get my cruise docs from my TA ,she prints them off for me ( at no charge ) when I go into my manage my booking , the option for me to download and print my cruise docs is there , the status says " issued " it has my check in online option which is already done , my TA printed those set sail passes off for me a few weeks ago , the other cruise docs I picked up just over a week ago , it was then that I told the TA that the luggage tags that were printed with my cruise docs were not the right ones ( they were the single small specimen tags ) I explained to TA that I needed the proper paper tags with the folding instructions , she contacted royal who said they would add the tag request to the booking so she could print the right ones and they would be on by noon the next day , they weren't so she contacted them again , they tried to tell her that the specimen tags were right , she argued the point and they then said they would send the tags out to my home address ,I still have no luggage tag option in my manage my booking e docs , so I don't know how royal can print them off if that option still isn't there . The reason I book through the TA is she always does all my printing for me ,it's just this time royal seems to have messed up by not putting the option to print off those tags ( the ones that a poster has displayed on this thread ) on several bookings , they have made it clear on their FAQ page that it's those tags we need to use , they have just failed to give the option on several bookings .

Yes I get my cruise docs from my TA ,she prints them off for me ( at no charge ) when I go into my manage my booking , the option for me to download and print my cruise docs is there , the status says " issued " it has my check in online option which is already done , my TA printed those set sail passes off for me a few weeks ago , the other cruise docs I picked up just over a week ago , it was then that I told the TA that the luggage tags that were printed with my cruise docs were not the right ones ( they were the single small specimen tags ) I explained to TA that I needed the proper paper tags with the folding instructions , she contacted royal who said they would add the tag request to the booking so she could print the right ones and they would be on by noon the next day , they weren't so she contacted them again , they tried to tell her that the specimen tags were right , she argued the point and they then said they would send the tags out to my home address ,I still have no luggage tag option in my manage my booking e docs , so I don't know how royal can print them off if that option still isn't there . The reason I book through the TA is she always does all my printing for me ,it's just this time royal seems to have messed up by not putting the option to print off those tags ( the ones that a poster has displayed on this thread ) on several bookings , they have made it clear on their FAQ page that it's those tags we need to use , they have just failed to give the option on several bookings .

Lotty,

Are you sure RC meant they would add the luggage request option to your booking? As when I contacted them they say they would re-load my edocs by the following noon with the correct luggae tag page in. They did not give me the option to request proper tags but when I logged into my booking a couple of days later and re-opened the e-docs they now had the page with the proper full sized staple, tape etc tags in. Have you checked your edocs to see if they have changed the tag page in there?

Jasmine :-)

Lotty,

Are you sure RC meant they would add the luggage request option to your booking? As when I contacted them they say they would re-load my edocs by the following noon with the correct luggae tag page in. They did not give me the option to request proper tags but when I logged into my booking a couple of days later and re-opened the e-docs they now had the page with the proper full sized staple, tape etc tags in. Have you checked your edocs to see if they have changed the tag page in there?

Jasmine :-)

You have me confused now , I haven't spoken to royal ,my TA has , they were told that the tag option would be in my e docs by noon ,when I go into my cruise docs I see a page that says cruise documentation , then I can click on guest booklet , when I click on there all I see is our names , I can't click any further as I am on an iPad which doesn't support flash , I assumed though that the tag bit was there before having to go any further , I will try and get into that guest booklet on my daughters laptop when I next visit , maybe the tags are in there ?

Same here, too.

I had the luggage tags I had ordered from Royal Caribbean, but I just yesterday took advantage of a free upgrade to a new cabin, so I couldn't use them. Today, I received e-mail letting me know that my cruise docs were ready. In the new docs were the do-it-yourself luggage tags, so I printed up a few copies of them, folded them up, and will use them this weekend.

As much as I like receiving the luggage tags in the mail, I have to admit that going the self-printed route wasn't that bad.

Just ordered my luggage tags for 1 May transatlantic. Ordered just always! Seems upsetting when people report things that are untrue. Things haven't changed.

I have sailed with royal four times now and know the procedure for ordering luggage tags , this is my 5th cruise and royal has changed the system for ordering tags for Independence of the seas , upsetting or not it is the truth , have a look at the 3rd sticky down on this forum , I think you will find the facts there .

Archived