Helicopter tours?

AlaskanNewby

We will be doing our first cruise to Alaska in June 05 on the Princess Dawn.

Is there an advantage to doing a helicopter tour in Skagway vs Juneau? Is one or the other more likely to be cancelled due to weather? Similar quality to the sights?

Thanks for the advice

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly different question for those who have done different Heliopter tours. I was wondering if the Mendenhall was better than the 4 Glacier Tour? Both have a single landing, but just in terms of what you see as you fly I wondered which was more appealing. This is the only trip I plan to book before leaving so I would appreciate some guidance in making the decision. I know that Temsco does the Mendenhall and I think it must be ERA that does the 4 Glacier.

Now I am only bugging you on this because you seem to know about these. What about the four glacier tour showing the different stages of glaciers? Is that even something a newbie would really see? That trip is a little more expensive, but if it's worth seeing that I am willing. I just want to make good choices so we dont regret our decisions. Thanks so much for your help.

Southeast Kayaks in Ketchikan runs great tours, suitable for most everyone. :) As for your glacier viewing. Longer is most always better- if of interest and your budget allows these tours are just excellent. But if it causes you to cut back or give up something else, the single glacier landings are ideal. My clear recommendation is for varied touring. Do all that you can. :)

Archived