Specialty restaurants

M&T

I was on Summit the 2nd cruise after her Solsticization. Besides Normandie, she now has Qsine, Blu (for Aqua Class Guests only), Bistro on five, and the Gelateria. Will be on Millie after her refurb, too. However, I just stick with the "free" dining venues. I do like being able to wait in the Normandie or, depending on the ship, another smaller, less crowded venue on debarkation day. No crowds and our own continental breakfast. That, along with the 30 free laundry items and 90 min free internet are the best Elite perks for me.

The menus do not change nightly and remain the same for months at times. When they do change, it is not by much as I see most of the same items I saw 2 years ago. So pick the night you want to go based on things other than the menu which will be the same. Murano does serve a lobster dish that is prepared tableside. I have heard that it is good but I have never had it. There is a lobster pasta dish in Tuscan Grill made with cream sauce and pasta that is excellent. I am not aware of any other place other than the MDR that has lobster (on one formal night) and it is not Maine lobster but Caribbean lobster. My friend's were in the MDR on the Eclipse last month and said they were given more than 1 lobster tail after they requested it. As for getting more in the specialty restaurants, you can request more of anything but we never have as we are always so full. Sorry, but I don't know about the Porch Grill.

We just got off the Eclipse and tried out the speciality restaurants. Murano has a lobster dish prepared tableside it was good, not amazing and honestly by the time you are tasting the heavy cream, bacon etc you barely know it is lobster, on the 2nd time we tried Murano I asked if I could get the lobster without all the "stuff", he still prepared it tableside but with just a bit of olive oil and it was DELICIOUS!

Over the years we have dined probably 40-50% of each cruise in the specialty restaurants and have never had any trouble getting decent reservation times (6:30 through 8:30pm, generally). This was the case whether booking reservations on board ship -or- advance booking from home on the website.

Our next voyage is Century to Hawaii 15 nights. I was quite surprised when I went to book some nights in Muranos on the website today to find that nearly every day of the voyage I can only get reservations at 9:00pm or later, with earlier times being largely unavailable. From our experience, the first night is always "light" in the specialty restaurants, and all I can get now is 9:00pm. And usually, the longer the voyage (as in this case) the wider availablilty.

Does the webside have only very limited access to the overall restaurant capacity with more flexibility available if I want until we board?

And if I should go ahead and book and prepay for 3 nights in Murano's now before we sail, will we be able to take advantage of any specialty dining packages at a reduced rate should they be marketed on board, with our onboard account being adjusted accordingly?

Thank you!

Archived