Question about dining waitlist

erinmomof2

My family just booked our first cruise (first time for all of us) on the Freedom of the Seas in December. When we booked we were told that the early dining was full so we were put on the waiting list. The lady on the phone said she couldn't tell us how far down the waiting list we were. My questions are how long does it usually take to find out if the early dining spot opens up and how will we find out if it does? We booked through Costco, I don't know if that makes a difference. I know that there is the anytime dining too, but since 2 of us have food allergies I like the idea of having the same server each night so that they are familiar with our allergy. Any tips or advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Your cruise is still quite far out - you'll surely clear the waitlist before you sail. This happened to us on our last 3 cruises, and we cleared each one (although the Allure one, we didn't clear until after final payment)

Have you entered your reservation # on My Cruises on the RCI website? You can periodically check there to see when you've cleared.

In the off chance that you do not clear before your cruise, board the ship as early as possible, and see the maitre-d to request a switch - they are pretty good about accomodating you, especially if you have allergies or other special needs.

Archived