Bring your own wine Caribbean Cruise

butch1946

Called Princess yesterday asking about bringing wine on board. In the past we were allowed one bottle of wine at any port we visit on the voyage.

We were advised that only one bottle on wine per guest is permitted for the entire cruise. Any additional wine we bring on board from any port visit will be held until the cruise has been completed.

Can anyone please explain what is going on.

Conflicting information..Need your help!!!!!!

And I am sure (at least hoping), that others will report back what their experiences have been under this new regime. It is a bit disconcerting that the change in the smoking policy was so prominently announced, and not implemented until a fair passage of time allowing people outside of their final payment window to make a reasoned decision. But if the new wine policy is put in place on a moment's notice, it could affect people who chose Princess over other lines specifically because of their lenient wine and corkage policy.

Called Princess yesterday asking about bringing wine on board. In the past we were allowed one bottle of wine at any port we visit on the voyage.

We were advised that only one bottle on wine per guest is permitted for the entire cruise. Any additional wine we bring on board from any port visit will be held until the cruise has been completed.

Can anyone please explain what is going on.

Conflicting information..Need your help!!!!!!

We were on Emerald January 17 - Feb.6th and brought multiple wine (magnums) on board both time in Fort Lauderdale.

In the islands, we brought 1 bottle each at several Islands, including St. Thomas, Aruba, St. Lucia, and others that I forget.

We always advised the security crew that we had wine, and ran it all through the scanners. No one ever checked the plastic bags or asked a question. I did see hard liquor bottle being taken in the islands for release at end of cruise, but not any wine.

I also brought a few bottles of beer once or twice without a problem.

Hope things aren't changing!

Archived