Ph3

Joppy48

Has anyone been in 7135 on Mariner? I have heard and seen mixed reviews about that stateroom.

Unless you're posting under the wrong cruise line, the name of the ship in question is the MARINA, and the only "mixed" review that you might have read about 7135 is that the cabin itself is slightly smaller than a standard PH3 (about the size of two bathmats smaller),

The veranda, however, is spectacular. It is 5 or 6 times as large as that of a normal penthouse, and wraps around the stern of the ship, in an "L" shape.

Since the Marina was introduced, Oceania has added additional patio furniture to those giant aft verandas, in order to make them even more inviting.

As J&S posted, the cabin (and the walk in closet) are slightly smaller than standard PH3 but with a huge balcony - take your choice.

It is an aft cabin and thus at one end - the lounge is not near (or even on the same deck, IIRC).

If you want to be close to the Executive Lounge, book a PH1 or maybe a PH2 on the forward part of deck 11. All the others require at least a long walk, and usually an elevator ride, to get to the lounge -- especially the PH suites on 7, all the owners suites decks 8, & 10), all the vista suites (decks 9, 10 & 12), and all the PH suites on 10.

Same thing is true of the concierge lounge on deck 9; only the A4 concierge staterooms are near it -- all others have a long walk and usually an elevator ride.

My point is that 7135 is not really that much further -- 4 decks on the elevator (7 to 11) is no worse than 1. The walk from that far corner is a little longer, but no worse than the penthouse and oceania suites in the stern of deck 11.

No matter where you are on the ship, its going to be close to some things and a hike to others. In my personal opinion, having been in 9026, right across the passageway from the concierge lounge, is that if I had to walk any further, I just wouldn't use the lounge. Other than the coffee machine for those that drink it, and the cooler with juices and sodas, it really doesn't offer much. I bopped across the hall for my wife's coffee, but I wouldn't carry much further -- that's what room service is for.

7135 is so much better than the standard penthouse suites in terms of the balcony, really almost an Oceania Suite-type balcony without the outside jacuzzi, that in my mind makes up for anything it might lack.

Certainly do not book a cabin on the basis of its proximity to the Executive Lounge. It's not that special. If you're nearby it's nice to drop in for a cappuccino or some pastries but even nicer to have your butler bring them to you.

Archived