Miami hotels for group?

celticd1

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Miami that can accomodate a good sized group (maybe 15-20 rooms +)?

Looking for a moderately priced (under $150) clean room in a safe, walkable area for one night precruise in early Feruary 2013. Close to the beach a plus (walking distance), close to restaurants and liquor store a must.

TIA :)

You are asking for something that doesn't exist. Miami has no BEACH hotels. You would need to stay in Miami BEACH. And... you are asking for February, arguably the busiest month in S. Fl. Thus near the most expensive rates due to rules of supply and demand. Your budget could be a problem.

Becasue of your need for so many rooms, I'd work with a travel agent or call a hotel directly for group rate. A nice place to try would be the Intercontinental in Miami. Walking distance to restaurants, stores and on the water. Maybe you can negotiate the rate now.

You need to contact the Miami Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau and fill out a Request For Proposal. The MBCVB will send out your requests to hotels and those that can fit your peremeters will contact you will proposals.

I agree with eandj that your dates are not conducive for your rate requests near the beach. You will not find that in South Beach but possibly Miami Beach.

Here is the CVB http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/

And here is the RFP http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/planners/rfp_login.aspx

Don't worry about not being a meeting planner, you are a SMURF (social group planner) and skip over the meeting space and meals information. Just type n/a.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Miami that can accomodate a good sized group (maybe 15-20 rooms +)?

Looking for a moderately priced (under $150) clean room in a safe, walkable area for one night precruise in early Feruary 2013. Close to the beach a plus (walking distance), close to restaurants and liquor store a must.

TIA :)

Fancy meeting you here. I spoke to Sheila yesterday and about the pre-cruise hotel briefly. Neither one of us had a clue on Miami accomodations.

Looks like you are right on top of things.

By the way did you ever get to AJ O' Brady's?????

Fancy meeting you here. I spoke to Sheila yesterday and about the pre-cruise hotel briefly. Neither one of us had a clue on Miami accomodations.

Looks like you are right on top of things.

By the way did you ever get to AJ O' Brady's?????

Hi!

No, I never made it there...I am waiting for company to show up! :D

Archived