Can I buy spirits by the bottle from bars onboard?

I know that Royal Caribbean has some very strict rules about bringing alcohol onboard which can lead to a trip to the "naughty room" etc. and they offer wine and non-alcoholic drinks packages, but will they sell you a bottle of scotch/whisky or gin over the bar?

We have cruised several times on Princess and they are happy to do this, which seems to offer a perfect solution for guests that would like to have a drink on their balcony in the late afternoon or early evening before going to dinner. They are also happy to sell mixers by the bottle or can the same way.

Will RCL do this?:confused::confused:

I don't think so. They no longer let you purchase a bottle from the on board shop and take it back to your cabin like they used to back in 2004 (plus a fee to allow you to drink the contents onboard).

Hate to think how much they'd charge for a bottle at the bar. How many 'shots' would they have to charge you for to cover the contents of the whole bottle?

That's unfortunate. On NCL last year I was able to secure two bottles of Belvedere for a "reasonable" price -- they even included unlimited mixers as long as I toted the bottles around. That made a guy popular, quick.

No unlimited drink packages and no bottle service probably means a younger average age, I'd guess.

Then thank god RC doesn't allow this!:rolleyes: And just what I want to do is tote bottles of alcohol around the ship!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived