RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

To the Newbies, just enjoy, you may want to pack some things for the parties and a little door decor. But it will be what you make it, a non stop party or a relaxing trip with a lot of new friends...or more likely somewhere in between. Oh and don't miss Bingo!

We booked the Carnivale Stands as we are not mob types...and we need our thrones.

We are in Suite 7076--The Door with Joan Crawford Pix on it!

We will be at the Courtyard Marriott two nights before the cruise--we booked it through RSVP but we typically stay there pre-cruise as it is on the beach with a couple places to eat nearby. The bars in Wilton had a shuttle to and from there last RSVP cruise though we did not use it.

Glitter? I am sure party city and micheals arts & crafts have it. Remember what Suzanne Bartsch said "If there is not glitter all over the floor the next morning, you did not really have a good time"

We will be at the Meet & Greet....though we are more the quiet types you will see on the perimeter of a party always feel free to come over and chat, or join us at dinner.

Rich & Leo

NYC

richNYC AT Live DOT Com

Watch the cruise ship departures today in Port Everglades: webcams http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/ and http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

Ship departures (estimated times, EST):

Caribbean Princess 16:00

Grand Princess 16:00

Carnival Freedom 16:00

Emerald Princess 16:00

Eurodam 16:30

Celebrity Eclipse 16:30

Oasis of the Sea 17:00

MCS Poesia 19:00

Why is RSVP having three shows on Tuesday night when everyone will be at Mardi Gras?

It seems they should be on a sea night.

I guess they figure that a large number of people will be staying on the ship and want some alternate entertainment. I was looking forward to hearing Larry Blum (love my Hollywood gossip and glamour), so I hope they can ALSO schedule it for another time...maybe some morning at sea. Actually, if you read what it says after Abra-Cashetta and the Comedy Club, it looks like these might have multiple shows at other times.

Any guesses who the "Special Surprise" entertainer is Friday Night?

I doubt they can afford Lady GaGa, maybe Kathy Griffin?

I am pretty sure that whoever the double secret celebrity is will give a very nice performance. However, Lady Gaga? Kathy Griffin? After 16 wonderful wonderful years of sailing with RSVP we do not expect the A-list. The odds are it would be Lady Gaga's sister, a celebrity's bitter offspring or sibling telling tales out of school, or someone on a list way further down on the alphabet.

I am pretty sure that whoever the double secret celebrity is will give a very nice performance. However, Lady Gaga? Kathy Griffin? After 16 wonderful wonderful years of sailing with RSVP we do not expect the A-list. The odds are it would be Lady Gaga's sister, a celebrity's bitter offspring or sibling telling tales out of school, or someone on a list way further down on the alphabet.

Kathy Griffin claims to be D list. I saw her for free at San Diego Pride a couple years ago so she can't charge that much.

Gloria Gaynor has a show in Miami on Saturday 2/16. Maybe she'll come out to the ship the night before. She's 63 now and no longer A list.

Lady Gaga? Kathy Griffin? After 16 wonderful wonderful years of sailing with RSVP we do not expect the A-list.

Yeah, this is just silly. Even entertaining the idea that Lady Gaga might be so down on her career as to consider doing a gay cruise is ludicrous. We'll have a fun week at sea with a couple thousand like-minded folk, so setting yourself up for disappointment like this should be discouraged. I recommend getting it into your head that the Super Secret Surprise Guest will be your most-hated enemy in high school; that way, whoever the guest winds up being will be a pleasant surprise. As long as it's not a Real Housewife of Wherever, I'll be fine with it.

If you want to see an A-List celebrity on a cruise liner, just close your eyes and concentrate.

Hi guys, first time posting here. My partner and I have been on the RSVP cruise in 2011 and are back for a repeat. Good time!

I saw the comic Jessica Kirson at a gay camp (Camp Camp). I really enjoyed her. Most of the guys liked her. Half the women liked her. Some were offended. She is on the ball though, she took a note of the audience and made sure she didn't cross the line when telling her jokes as she gauged how people reacted while she progressed through the night. I personally love it when they push the boundary!

She has hilarious facial expressions. You can get a sense of her humour on youtube.

See you all in 2 weeks! eeeEEEE

Dan

Toronto

Yeah, this is just silly. Even entertaining the idea that Lady Gaga might be so down on her career as to consider doing a gay cruise is ludicrous. We'll have a fun week at sea with a couple thousand like-minded folk, so setting yourself up for disappointment like this should be discouraged. I recommend getting it into your head that the Super Secret Surprise Guest will be your most-hated enemy in high school; that way, whoever the guest winds up being will be a pleasant surprise. As long as it's not a Real Housewife of Wherever, I'll be fine with it.

If you want to see an A-List celebrity on a cruise liner, just close your eyes and concentrate.

You'd be surprised at who lowers themselves. Lindsay Lohan was sitting on the grass in the audience when I saw Kathy Griffin on the lawn at Balboa Park.

I bet it's Gloria Gaynor.

RSVP “The Saint” Retro T-Dance – Friday

4:00 – 6:00 PM Deck 9 Aft

Back in the 80s The Saint in the East Village was one of the hottest places to party – today we resurrect it and give you a chance to dig deep in your closet for something “saintly” to wear.

Original Saint DJ Robbie Leslie spins.

Makes sense that the entertainer will be a former disco music queen.

RSVP “The Saint” Retro T-Dance – Friday

4:00 – 6:00 PM Deck 9 Aft

Back in the 80s The Saint in the East Village was one of the hottest places to party – today we resurrect it and give you a chance to dig deep in your closet for something “saintly” to wear.

Original Saint DJ Robbie Leslie spins.

Makes sense that the entertainer will be a former disco music queen.

Robbie Leslie? He was the DJ that played the last set at The Saint before it closed. :cool:

You certainly won't see any performing on a gay cruise. I remember when Atlantis acquired RSVP, Charlie Rounds was talking about the big name entertainers Rich Campbell could land because of his Hollywood connections. Glad I'm not holding my breath.

I just found out that one of the DJ's Mick Hale and his partner are going to be a cocktail party our traveling companions Frank and John are having the evening before we sail. Mick is a DJ in Asbury Park, NJ. which is next to Ocean Grove, NJ where Frank and John have a summer home. Maybe I can get the inside scope on who the "special guest star" will be?

Hi all, if you have an iPhone and haven't already downloaded it... i've got a free app out there just for our cruise. It's got maps of each deck, daily schedule, entertainment & party lists, etc. Enjoy!

Click Here for App

Ah, you are the app man! Very cool!

Are you going to update the daily schedule before we leave?

Just found out that our travel companions Frank and John know Mick Hale one of the DJ's on our cruise. Thery know him and hi partner Mike from Asbury Park where Mick is a DJ in the summer. Frank and John have a summer home next to Asbury park in Ocean Grove. We are all meeting to cocktails and dinner on Friday 2/08. Maybe Mick knows who the "Special Guest Star" will be.

Woo-hoo! Another Torontonian!

Don

And I bet none of us have even SEEN one another ever before eventhough it's a small world! :p New friends in Toronto! LOL!!

Peter -- I'm not stressing as much anymore!!! :D

Archived