RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

I hate to say this because it sounds so Boys in the Band but a lot of this seems like the b*tchy queen gossip that we have tried to overcome. I loved the play and movie as a period piece but most of the world has progressed beyond this by this point.

(I guess I'm at fault for asking for clarification though. I'm also showing my age since I remember Boys in the Band.)

Wow! What's with all the hating? Just so other, newer readers to the group don't get the wrong idea, NO ONE speaks for the entire group of travelers, no matter how often, how nastily, or how rapidly they reply.

Jeff, in my own opinion, is an awesome individual and a great leader who tries very hard to provide a pleasant and rewarding experience for us all, with apparently very little appreciation from some.

I'm sorry you have so much bile directed towards both Atlantis and RSVP. You may be speaking for others as well, but you sure as hell are not speaking for me or anyone else that I travel with.

Bravo. This business can be frustrating, I agree. But Typhoon, your negativity has no place on this board. As a six year member of the RSVP entertainment staff, I have certainly had my gripes, but this is not the place to air them. Can we please keep things more cheerful here?

Paul J. Williams

aka Sister Helen Holy

Bravo. This business can be frustrating, I agree. But Typhoon, your negativity has no place on this board. As a six year member of the RSVP entertainment staff, I have certainly had my gripes, but this is not the place to air them. Can we please keep things more cheerful here?

Paul J. Williams

aka Sister Helen Holy

Yes, please. :D

At least we have been having an upswing in postings lately! :D

Seriously, hope we can soon start discussing things such as party costumes and shore excursions. With all the Halloween shoppes open now, it is too bad we don't know the themes.

Paul J. Williams

aka Sister Helen Holy

One huge Amen Sistah!!

I enjoyed our last cruise with RSVP and will definitely consider doing another soon (dependant on timing - the other half is in education) and we are considering doing an Atlantis cruise. But - and I'm no business man - if Atlantis and RSVP are part of the same company, why are they both having Caribbean cruise in February 2013, with dates which overlap?

But - and I'm no business man - if Atlantis and RSVP are part of the same company, why are they both having Caribbean cruise in February 2013, with dates which overlap?

Each company seems to market itself to a different demographic of the community. (At least for the time being)

I enjoyed our last cruise with RSVP and will definitely consider doing another soon (dependant on timing - the other half is in education) and we are considering doing an Atlantis cruise. But - and I'm no business man - if Atlantis and RSVP are part of the same company, why are they both having Caribbean cruise in February 2013, with dates which overlap?

I agree. There are some guys who would have done back to back cruises if they could have, but by overlapping ONE DAY this ia impossible. Stupid!

The Atlantis cruise that is happening in February is an unusual itinerary in that it is a 8 day cruise rather than your traditional 7 day cruise for the Caribbean. This ship is sailing an alternating 8 day/6 day cruise between the eastern and western Caribbean. Atlantis for good reason saw the one extra day as a good marketing tactic.

Atlantis and RSVP supposedly are trying to target different segments in the gay market with different entertainment, demographics, and ships, but some who have done both would argue there really isn't much of a difference between the two. RSVP tends to charter mid class HAL ships while Atlantis tends to charter larger ships from Celebrity and RCL, and the occasional "luxury" liners. I for one am looking forward to February when I would be able to compare/contrast between my two companies, although of course the one I choose is on a mid class ship that Atlantis has happened to charter, and on HAL. One day if it kills me I'll experience a Solstice class ship.....

There are Atlantis cruises that overlap and the diehards, ones that can take the time off, and the ones with $$$ will do both even if they overlap. Normally what will happen will be that they will disembark early from the preceding cruise at the last major port with airport access, and fly to where the next cruise departs to join the next cruise. There was a Seabourn/Celebrity cruise that overlapped in the Mediterranean this year and saw posts where people where getting off early to join the next cruise. If you see Rich on the RSVP cruise, he will probably disembark in Aruba to be back in Fort Lauderdale for the Atlantis cruise.

I'm surprised to see the Atlantis cruise in February not being sold out at this point considering that they normally did two Caribbean cruises each year and next year they are only offering one.

Just realized I have the cruises backwards. Atlantis cruise happens first then RSVP. So since Rich is the face of Atlantis and he would most likely stay until the end of the cruise, and RSVP has Jeff, you probably won't see Rich until Cucacao? I know Rich was on last years' cruise for the entire trip but I don't know if he's a regular on RSVP cruises.

I know Rich was on last years' cruise for the entire trip but I don't know if he's a regular on RSVP cruises.

I think that was a guest appearance.

How much he is seen in the future remains to be seen. We know he won't be aboard the Eurodam next year. Jeff has been around RSVP long enough, and he knows it is in capable hands if he is not there.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't started packing yet but over the weekend I packed away summer clothes and broke out the winter stuff. In the process I did set aside clothes for a short trip to Ft. Lauderdale next weekend and what clothes that I would need for the cruise. That way I don't have to go dig it out of storage in a couple of months.

Hi all!.

Just wanted to let everyone know that my partner is one lucky SOB. Tuesday on his way to vote he passed out while driving his 2-week old Honda CRV, crossed a lane of traffic, hit a utility pole and sheared it in half, continued between two pine trees and over a bush, down a ravine, over the bottom basin and up the other side, went airborne, and crashed into a house. He then woke up, unfastened his seatbelt, and stepped out of the car unharmed! He thankfully was wearing his seatbelt, and the airbags deployed. He was transported to the hospital where they found that his heart rate was periodically plunging (in other words, his heart was stopping for 5-6 seconds before restarting). They installed a pacemaker on Wednesday, and he is now home from the hospital recuperating and doing fine. It just goes to show that you never know what life holds in store for you tomorrow. We look forward to seeing everyone in February on the cruise!!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thankful that the last payment of the cruise has been made.......until the onboard bill comes!!!!! :)

Only 79 days! Watch that eating tomorrow, guys!

(I am eager to know the party themes already)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Archived