Carnival Miracle in St. Maarten, St. Lucia and St. Kitts Review with pics!

elsplace2

Thanks for the info - I think I will book a tour. My husband is going deep sea fishing with our friends, so the kids and I will book a tour.

I'm not sure how old your kids are....but they may get a little bored with a scenic tour....so be sure to find one that isn't too long and maybe a beach added in the end for their enjoyment!

Have a great cruise!!

Thanks for the great review and pictures!! Sorry for the lady who passed away. We had a similar experience with the Coast Guard taking a person off the ship on our last cruise. That person ended up ok. We will be on the Miracle in less than 2 weeks with the same itinerary, can't wait. Just wish we had the lucky cabin you had. Thanks again for the great review!

Yes, some of those light-blue plastic chairs had curved bottoms so that they would rock. We'd sit in them in the late afternoon as they were in the only shaded area on the Sun Deck. It was a good place to people watch onto the Lido Deck below.

Boy sometimes I could be so stupid,:rolleyes: LOL......I was putting my photos in a photo album and noticed the blue chairs in the picture under the Miracle sign, never thought to look back at the photo you were talking about! LOL .... Sorry about that!! .....NEVER noticed them when we were on our cruise! I wish I had known prior to the cruise, I agree I think it would have been nice to sit up there and people watch.

Thanks for the great review and pictures!! Sorry for the lady who passed away. We had a similar experience with the Coast Guard taking a person off the ship on our last cruise. That person ended up ok. We will be on the Miracle in less than 2 weeks with the same itinerary, can't wait. Just wish we had the lucky cabin you had. Thanks again for the great review!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the review! Yes it was very sad when we heard of her passing. She was only 62! I wish she was as lucky as your passenger.

I hope you enjoy your cruise! I'm sure you are getting excited about it!!

Wow, I can't believe how fast a thread gets buried nowadays!

Anyway, I just thought I would bump this up seeing there is one more sailing with this itinerary this month!

Hopefully I catch some people who are sailing on this itinerary who missed the review, the first go round! I know I LOVED reading all the reviews I could find on the Miracle....but also know I missed some, because I didn't get to log on CC for that day, and it probably got so buried I never knew it was even there!

Our bed at like a big dip in the middle. First time as all other ships the mattress was great.

Our bed was very comfortable! Maybe in some rooms, the mattresses need to be replaced. (Unless that was part of the drydock, new mattresses????....but I didn't hear that they changed them out, so I doubt it.)

Did you see "Music Boardwalk" playing in the lounge? Just had to ask. Thanks Mary49

No I didn't see Music Boardwalk.....sorry!

• 1 month later...
Thanks for this review ;)

Va in the house... Im from/live in York County *+*.

Loving ur review, I have been thinking about going to these places..

Hi there, fellow Virginian!

Glad you enjoyed the review!

If you go to St. Maarten, I highly recommend you go to Maho Beach and watch the planes come in......I think that was the highlight of our cruise! (Well besides celebrating my birthday on board!!)

• 2 months later...

Thank you for your great review of that fun week on the Miracle! We sailed that same week and I am just getting around to reviews etc on the message boards. Are group is getting together and have selected to sail on the Breeze next Feb for our annual Sail A Bration. I think the planning is almost as much fun as going!

I enjoyed all of your photos! Our group doesn't all do the same tours etc since with 15 people everyone has their own ideas of what would be fun. My sister and I did the Bernards Tour in St Maarten, Baptist tour in St Lucia and hitched a cab to a beach in St Kitts....we had a blast on all the islands.

THanks again for all the time you put into your review. It will be great for anyone going to those same ports!

Deb

Thank you for your great review of that fun week on the Miracle! We sailed that same week and I am just getting around to reviews etc on the message boards. Are group is getting together and have selected to sail on the Breeze next Feb for our annual Sail A Bration. I think the planning is almost as much fun as going!

I enjoyed all of your photos! Our group doesn't all do the same tours etc since with 15 people everyone has their own ideas of what would be fun. My sister and I did the Bernards Tour in St Maarten, Baptist tour in St Lucia and hitched a cab to a beach in St Kitts....we had a blast on all the islands.

THanks again for all the time you put into your review. It will be great for anyone going to those same ports!

Deb

Glad you enjoyed my review and hope it has been some help to others....weren't you on our roll call? Your "name" sounds familiar. I'm too lazy to go back to check...LOL

Anyway, I hope you enjoy all your future cruises!!

A lot of good info...thanks for the review and photos...:)

Thanks, glad to hear my review had some good info for you! :D It sure got buried for a while there! Thanks to Twintowngirl bringing it back to life for a few more days! :)

• 10 months later...
Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review. I enjoyed the read and seeing all the great pictures.

bruce...

Glad you enjoyed my review and thanks for bringing it back to life again! :D

Thanks for the pics..esp happy to see that the hot tub in spa is there...LOVED that area on my Legend cruise but thought I had heard they had done away with them...glad to see that is not the case

As far as the hot tub in the spa...I believe the photo you are looking at, was taken in the gym. I think there is a hot tub in the spa as well, but we didn't go in there.....but as I'm sure you noticed the date, it has been over a year since we have been on the Miracle, and a lot can change in a year.....like they added some of the 2.0 changes since we've been on her. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the pics!!

Thanks for your review and all the pictures. Looking forward to being on this ship in September for our cruise to Hawaii. Red frog beer is so good. We started drinking it on the Magic. :):cool:

You will love the Miracle and Hawaii! And I agree Red Frog is really good beer.....I'm not a big beer drinker but really enjoyed it and am looking forward to it on our next cruise, next weekend!! YAY, can't wait!!! Hope you enjoy your cruise on the Miracle!

Lol..guess it was the gym area the hot tub was in...I saw the handrail in the picture that overlooked the deck...that was my fave part...seeing the great views through the windows :)

Yep, the views are great through the gym.....although we never did use that hot tub.....wish we had, it would have been nice!

• 2 months later...

Great review. Loved seeing all the photos of the Miracle. Great to read the details about the ship. We will be on her next week in Alaska. We visited a few of the same ports as you last year on the Victory on a Southern Caribbean trip out Puerto Rico (review link in signature). It was great seeing those photos as well.

Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

countdown.pl?image=alaska&name=Countdown To Alaska&date=7-30-2013&text=&ship=Carnival Miracle

PAST CRUISES:

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Victory 06/10/12 Southern Caribbean http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1659913

20983-profile.png

Great review. Loved seeing all the photos of the Miracle. Great to read the details about the ship. We will be on her next week in Alaska. We visited a few of the same ports as you last year on the Victory on a Southern Caribbean trip out Puerto Rico (review link in signature). It was great seeing those photos as well.

Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Glad you enjoyed the review and bringing my review back to life!! :D

I think you will love the Miracle.....although I never met a cruiseship I didn't like!

You will LOVE Alaska too...it was one of my favorite cruises....I did a review on that as well, with pics, if you are interested. We did it with NCL but I think most of the ships go to the same places.

Anyway, again thanks for taking the time to read my review! Have a great cruise in Alaska!!

Archived