Carnival Miracle in St. Maarten, St. Lucia and St. Kitts Review with pics!

elsplace2

Thanks for sharing, St Kitts was our favorite port last year on the Victory. Brimstone Hill Fortress had some of the best views all week.

Unfortunately we didn't really get to see much of St. Kitts. My DH, usually likes to have a port where we don't have a tour set up and just walk around a bit.

Oh my!! This is the same room we had in November the week of Thanksgiving for the same cruise! While it was not our favorite cruise it was definitely our favorite room EVER!!!:D

I agree, this was not my favorite cruise....but then again, it's hard to top, Hawaii, Alaska and Europe, in my opinion. But I do LOVE Caribbean cruises because they are so relaxing! I LOVED the balcony on this cruise, but my favorite balcony was an aft wrap we did on the Carnival Freedom!

We also did Bernard Tours in November and had a wonderful time!

Yes, Bernard Tours is the way to go in my opinion.....I just wish it wasn't so darn crowded in St. Maarten.

Great review! We were on Miracle over Thanksgiving with the same itinerary and it was fun to relive it through your eyes!

Thanks....I love reading reviews too, of past sailing! Brings back great memories.

Great review, El. It was great meeting you both and being neighbors on the cruise. Your pics are great.

It was great meeting you too! Didn't get to talk to much as neighbors....one or the other was always on the go! Glad you enjoyed my pics...I'm sure you got some great photos too!

I'm Loving your review!!! You took the pics I've been waiting to see!!!! Thank You!!!!! Love the perfect blend of pics and review!!! Keep it coming, I can't get enough of looking at reviews of this ship!!!

51 more days till our Miracle Cruise!!!

Sorry I'm done with the review, but I'm really glad you enjoyed the review and photos! I know what you mean as far as you can't get enough of looking at reviews of the Miracle. I LOVED looking for Miracle reviews....but they are kind of hard to come by. That's why I wanted to make sure I got one out as soon as possible for all you future cruisers! Enjoy your cruise!!!

Great review El!!! I had forgotten it was your birthday!! Happy Belated! Welcome to the 50's!!!

We loved everything about this cruise..this islands and the tours we chose! We laughed at your comments about the guy talking your ear off during the food demo...We called him Captain Blue Shirt, and we saw him EVERYWHERE during our week onboard!

Glad to see you made it home safely! I hope we have the pleasure to sail with you again some day!

Great review El!!! I had forgotten it was your birthday!! Happy Belated! Welcome to the 50's!!!

We loved everything about this cruise..this islands and the tours we chose! We laughed at your comments about the guy talking your ear off during the food demo...We called him Captain Blue Shirt, and we saw him EVERYWHERE during our week onboard!

Glad to see you made it home safely! I hope we have the pleasure to sail with you again some day!

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes.....How did you know I was talking about the same guy? LOL That is too funny you picked up on that one....we saw him throughout the whole ship too, always finding conversation with people and knowing it all! LOL He was even telling the chef at the cooking demonstration, that, that wasn't how you make Tiramasu, that real Tiramasu uses expresso not coffee....and he kept yelling it out.....the chef just ignored him.....too funny! But he was a really sweet guy.

Nice review.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

How did you know I was talking about the same guy? LOL That is too funny you picked up on that one....we saw him throughout the whole ship too, always finding conversation with people and knowing it all! LOL He was even telling the chef at the cooking demonstration, that, that wasn't how you make Tiramasu, that real Tiramasu uses expresso not coffee....and he kept yelling it out.....the chef just ignored him.....too funny! But he was a really sweet guy.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

Hey, El. Was this a guy around 30 or so, kind of thin build? Had a cell phone on a string around his neck. There was a guy like that who would show up and talk to us all throughout the cruise. Knew everything. Seemed like he talked to everyone. Really sweet guy though.

Hey, El. Was this a guy around 30 or so, kind of thin build? Had a cell phone on a string around his neck. There was a guy like that who would show up and talk to us all throughout the cruise. Knew everything. Seemed like he talked to everyone. Really sweet guy though.

Yes that's him! It was a walkie talkie around his neck and yes he was a social butterfly to say the least. I was going to post a pic of him in my review, from when we were waiting for the Medical evac....because he was all over the place going back and forth between port and starboard, telling people where to get the best view...etc. LOL, But I wanted to respect his privacy. Like we said he was a very sweet guy....this was his first cruise, too! I wonder if he LOVED it???

Yes that's him! It was a walkie talkie around his neck and yes he was a social butterfly to say the least. I was going to post a pic of him in my review, from when we were waiting for the Medical evac....because he was all over the place going back and forth between port and starboard, telling people where to get the best view...etc. LOL, But I wanted to respect his privacy. Like we said he was a very sweet guy....this was his first cruise, too! I wonder if he LOVED it???

He came up on the deck where we were (by the mini golf) during the medical evac and told us good places to see and what they were going to do. He was a pretty nice guy. He talked to us outside of the terminal when we got off the ship and I asked him if he had a good cruise and he LOVED it. He was traveling with his parents and sister and they all had a great time. They only live about a half hour from the port. He was all excited and wanted to cruise again.

eslplace2 - wonderful review. I am a memeber of the party that had the medical emergency. unfortunealty she did not make it. the family is looking for some pictures of the helicopter evac and I see you have some on here. I am wondering if it is ok for me to send them to my sister-in-law that is the daughter of the woman that died.

eslplace2 - wonderful review. I am a memeber of the party that had the medical emergency. unfortunealty she did not make it. the family is looking for some pictures of the helicopter evac and I see you have some on here. I am wondering if it is ok for me to send them to my sister-in-law that is the daughter of the woman that died.

We were on this cruise too...our condolences to your family. We have some great pictures of the evacuation as well.

Same guy!!! We called him "Captain Blue Shirt"....we were sitting behind you El during the cooking demo...it was quite comical...but annoying at the same time! He seemed to be everywhere, all of the time! We got a couple of pictures of him. He seemed to know a fair bit but had alot of misinformation too! and yes, he told me he lived about 20 minutes from the port, and they were in a hurry to get off the ship first to beat the traffic, which kind of annoyed me because there were people desperate to get off the ship to get to the airport. In the end, all was well.

We are so sorry for your loss. We had heard that she passed away, but I was hoping it was just a rumor. Our condolences to you all! it must have been very difficult to stay behind. I hope at least one family member was able to go with her.

I would be happy to send you all the photos....we have a few more. We would be happy to send them to you. Please email me at elsplace2@yahoo.com. Please put in the subject line something like Carnival Miracle, so I don't mistake your email as junk.

Again, our sincere sympathy to you all!

He came up on the deck where we were (by the mini golf) during the medical evac and told us good places to see and what they were going to do. He was a pretty nice guy. He talked to us outside of the terminal when we got off the ship and I asked him if he had a good cruise and he LOVED it. He was traveling with his parents and sister and they all had a great time. They only live about a half hour from the port. He was all excited and wanted to cruise again.

Glad to hear he had a nice cruise!

Same guy!!! We called him "Captain Blue Shirt"....we were sitting behind you El during the cooking demo...it was quite comical...but annoying at the same time! He seemed to be everywhere, all of the time! We got a couple of pictures of him. He seemed to know a fair bit but had alot of misinformation too! and yes, he told me he lived about 20 minutes from the port, and they were in a hurry to get off the ship first to beat the traffic, which kind of annoyed me because there were people desperate to get off the ship to get to the airport. In the end, all was well.

Hmm, I didn't see you behind me. Sorry about that! He was annoying after a while....did you hear him call out to the chef that that's not how you make tiramasu?? LOL

Yeah, that's not right trying to get off the ship before those people who had flights to catch.....that's disappointing to hear he and his family would do that! Some people were cutting it really close!

Hi J. It would be great if you could email those pictures to swimln4@yahoo.com and if you want to put Miracle in the title I will know that they are from you. Thank you so much I will get them to her daughter right away. And thank you for your condolances I will also pass them on.

My condolences to your family. It was awful nice of you to let us know what happened. She was in our prayers since we heard of the evac. If you want more pictures, we have some too.

Thanks for the great review. I am now excited for our cruise in about 2 weeks!!

We have the same ports - did you notice if there was a beach area close by in St.Lucia? I am doing the Catamaran Fantasea in St. Kitts and was going to do some shopping and Moho beach in St Martin, but not sure what to do in St. Lucia - any advise would be appreciated. Also did you stop by the piano bar at all - was wondering what the piano player was like. Thanks again!

Just wondering if this room can hold 3 people?

According to the deck plan for the Miracle, it's a 2-person room.

Great review!!

Sorry that there was a tragedy. Witravelnut, sorry for your loss.

We have the same ports - did you notice if there was a beach area close by in St.Lucia? I am doing the Catamaran Fantasea in St. Kitts and was going to do some shopping and Moho beach in St Martin, but not sure what to do in St. Lucia - any advise would be appreciated. Also did you stop by the piano bar at all - was wondering what the piano player was like. Thanks again!

Sorry but I did not see a beach that was close because we were doing a tour but the swimming area we went to didn't look to great....I guess I was expecting crystal clear blue water. On the catamaran tour, I really didn't see many beaches neither, most of what we saw looked like small little cove type beaches. Not as nice as St. Maarten's.

With that being said, St. Lucia was my favorite island, as far as scenic. I thought it was very beautiful....I recommend doing a tour and seeing some of the island, before going to the beach. But that's just me.

According to the deck plan for the Miracle, it's a 2-person room.

Great review!!

Sorry that there was a tragedy. Witravelnut, sorry for your loss.

Oh it's a 2 person room? Sorry about that......I thought the couch opened up......because I thought I saw a handle there, but to be honest I didn't really pay much attention.

I agree with elspace2 about St. Lucia being our favorite island as well. We had a great boat trip with Spencer Ambrose Tours to Jalousie Beach at the foot of the Pitons, but no shopping stops on this one. As far as the piano player in the lounge was concerned, she played classical music in the Atrium Bar. We listened to her while waiting to go into the MDR on deck 3 each night at 6 p.m. but she was a little too loud for our tastes although she had a pretty good crowd there.

Great review! Happy belated birthday!

Thanks glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the belated birthday wishes!!

Forgot to comment on the piano bar....no sorry, never made it there.

Great review! Thanks for taking the time to post it. You have a wonderful, caring personality. My sincere condolences to the family member of the lady who passed.

Thank you so much for the kind words! :D Glad you enjoyed the review!

Great review, thanks for sharing! I always love to read up on ports that I'll be cruising to!

My pleasure, glad you enjoyed it.....I'm the same too, but I LOVE reading reviews when they add pics, too!!

I agree with elspace2 about St. Lucia being our favorite island as well. We had a great boat trip with Spencer Ambrose Tours to Jalousie Beach at the foot of the Pitons, but no shopping stops on this one. As far as the piano player in the lounge was concerned, she played classical music in the Atrium Bar. We listened to her while waiting to go into the MDR on deck 3 each night at 6 p.m. but she was a little too loud for our tastes although she had a pretty good crowd there.

Thanks for answering this Dancing Bear! We never got around to going in there....we did listen to the piano player in the Atrium on occasion. He was REALLY good!!

Archived