Carnival Bashing

I don't pay any attention to bashers. It is unbelievable that so many will criticize Carnival when they haven't even sailed on the line! They have no idea what they are talking about. The few critics who have actually sailed on Carnival either picked the wrong line for their personal tastes, or simply had a bad experience...stuff happens on all lines.

Carnival is a great product that has mass appeal. If it doesn't work for you, there are other cruise lines from which to choose. Please go to another one...just stop whining.

Unfortunately, there are those that will complain about anything. As previously said it is a shame that people complain based on secondhand knowledge without ever setting foot on a Carnival ship. They generalize about all the cruiselines: Carnival is the Walmart of cruising, Disney is just for kids, Celebrity and NCL are for stuffy, uptight people, etc. I said the following in that forum and will repeat it here:

Cruising is something different for everyone and it should be as is everything else in life or else we would all look the same, walk the same, talk the same, etc. I say to each his own and especially their own cruiselines!

One other statement too -- I'm glad they are unhappy with Carnival without cruising Carnival, it just means they will be unhappy somewhere else. :D

I try to ignore the bashers also. But I will admit to running over to the other board and voting for NCL! LOL!

We were on a 2 week Celebrity cruise in March. One day at open seating lunch, we were with a lady who had, let's say, strong opinions. She mentioned her back to back cruises on Carnival and how much she enjoyed them, and then proceeded to bash the heck out of Carnival. None of it was from personal experience on the ship, it was just what she thought people wanted to hear! Needless to say, we worked very hard at avoiding her the rest of the cruise!

Denise

Frontrange - I didn't go to your link. Not interested in whatever anybody has to say about Carnival. I LIKE Carnival, so who cares?

I've sailed on NCL and Princess, but prefer Carnival. I wouldn't even consider bashing either of those two lines. Have had great cruises every time I've boarded ANY ship! Those who enjoy bashing will continue to do so. Not worth my time worrying about them.

I don't know why you would be so concerned as to feel you needed to bring this to the Carnival board......:confused:

"Its a shame that other cruise line fans feel they have to bash Carnival...."

I think it's ALWAYS a shame.

Yes, there are differences between all the lines but I frequently get about all I can take of snotty people from "other" lines.

Still, I've never had anything but a wonderful time on every cruise.

Well that thread just proves what I have said in the past (as well as others here) - I took the comments as a pure "snob" thing. I sit back and I read all this stuff and in the past it used to make my hair stand on end - now it just makes me laugh. Someone once told me "perception is reality" (sp - sorry) - and people can say anything they want here and make a reality for themselves. It is easy to act a snob here - but it is not easy to let your true self show and Carnival people are real here! We do not cruise for the snob appeal - and maybe you can afford a "better" line but want to cruise Carnival and maybe save a few bucks in the mean time - I say way to go!!!! On a Carnival ship we can be ourselves and not be so proper all the time! It is after all a vacation.

I love that everyone of all financial backgrounds, people from all over the world and ages are on Carnival. Carnival is a line where you can be yourself! Now with that statement - you take the good with the bad. There are always good passengers and their are always bad passengers - no different than on land. I would rather take a Carnival cruise with some bad passengers than some stick in the mud ritz - y line because no matter what it all boils down to me if the cruise is a success or a failure!

Ok - I am off my soapbox now! Those of you who are about to take off on an adventure - HAVE A BLAST! And those in the waiting pool with me - it will be our turn soon to "do the doc dance".

Carnival and Carnival board buddies - love ya!

It always amazes me as well at the number of people who either have never traveled on Carnival or haven't in years, that they hover over the Carnival board and are always the first to take potshots.:rolleyes:

Based on the number and the variety of cruises you've been on, you're probably the only one who can truly offer an informed opinion. :)

Every cruise line has their fans and people who will criticize the competition. I for one avoided Carnival for many years. I didn't care for their Holiday and Fantasy class ships, and some of the rowdy people that I met on past cruises convinced me to go elsewhere. I had around 6 Carnival cruises under my belt and basically felt a need to try other lines, so I did. In fact, it was close to 5 years before I set foot on an other Carnival ship, and I am very glad I did - last November on the Pride!

Carnival's newer ships are more upscale and elegant. The clientele are what you would see on other lines and the food, both in the buffet and in the formal dining room rival that of its competition. If pricing is still competative, I for one have not taken much notice. It might just be our category of choice. Suffice it to say, I'm glad I gave Carnival another chance. I am no longer loyal to one cruise line. But I do wish they had more for past guests.

Its a fact that for a while, Carnival had a negative reputation - my cruise aboard the Holiday in 1999 was the worst ever. As most people do not cruise as often as maybe the people here at Cruise Critic, I totally understand why people still bash Carnival. Lets face it, a few years ago, Carnival's quality wasn't what it is today. And their newer ships have all the nice features you come to expect.

I was never very vocal about the problems we had on the Holiday, but I stayed away. It took some convincing, but I am back!!

Bah! Carnival, Princess, RCI... here we come. What is the difference? SMALL, LITTLE, PETTY things. Who cares is one has frozen pizza and the other one has fresh water pools. All I care is that we were blessed and we always try to give in return. (Example: We are dropping some supplies off to the Roatan, Honduras orphanage in a few weeks).

Life is short to complain about petty things. I find it funny that people vote against a cruise line and have not even tried them ALL. How do you know which is the worst if you have not tried ALL of them?

lets ask them this about the poll:

Why is NCL rated the worst when it is on that board?

If Carnival is so bad, then why are there more members always present on the Carnival Board than the NCL board????:rolleyes:

thats easy. carnival has mega ships that hold many many more passengers than NCL.

that poll is ridiculous. once word got to these boards...the carnival people flocked over there to bring up the tally for NCL.

any cruise is better than none and what's so great about crusing is that there are so many out there that fit different people's needs. NCL happens to fit mine. carnival fits others and thats just fine by me. :D

lets ask them this about the poll:

Why is NCL rated the worst when it is on that board?

If Carnival is so bad, then why are there more members always present on the Carnival Board than the NCL board????:rolleyes:

Carnival has a much larger fleet and hence more past passengers and apparently, more fans.

I have always found the folks on the NCL board to be really nice.

This board does the most bashing to anyone who is not a diehard CCL fan than any of the other boards for the individual cruise lines.

I just find the whole "bashing" thing ridiculous. I've enjoyed all of my cruises. I like NCL, I like Princess, and I'm guessing that I'm going to like Carnival (we leave on our first Carnival cruise in one week.) I like cruising....period. As long as the ship doesn't sink, I'm going to have a good time. I'm sure that there are pros and cons to each of the lines, but to "bash" another line entirely, in my opinion, is silly.

Thank you Kevin! Yes, we have tried many ships and have really fallen in love with the Spirit class ships of Carnival. And frankly, feel that you get more "bang for your buck" with Carnival as well. We paid lots more for the Adventure of the Seas and had a very small balcony and cramped cabin. Everyone cruises for different reasons and expects different things. We cruise just to get the heck away from everything. We own our own business and are able to get away one week out of the year. So for us, a nice cabin and big balcony are more important than say the shows or pool games. We want to just sit and watch the water, "veg out", and decompress from the other stressful 51 weeks of the year. Yes, we could go on any cruise line we wanted to, but why pay extra for less of what you're looking for? That's just us though...;)

Archived