Hotel in Barcelona for 2 adults and 2 kids

Gini80

Hello.

I just started my research for our cruise. We may arrive in Barcelona the day before our cruise and any stay a day or 2 after (not sure yet). Does anyone have suggestions for 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 3 and 6)? Of course, I would like somewhere safe, clean, and affordable. Is wanting to spend between 100 and 130 Euro even an option?

Another option would be to fly into Madrid, take the train to Barcelona and then after the cruise take the train back to Madrid and stay there for a couple of days before heading home. If we do that, is there a hotel near the train station in Barcelona (close to the port)? What train station is that?

Thanks for any help!

Finding a single room for four is difficult enough, and at your target price even more so. Your best bet is to look at little outside the city center but still easily accessible by subway. Novotel hotels often don't charge extra for kids, so they might be a good option. One option is the Novotel Barcelona City hotel, which is only a block from Glories subway station. We've stayed there in the past and were happy with the hotel and the location (it's also close to a supermarket/mall).

Finding a single room for four is difficult enough, and at your target price even more so. Your best bet is to look at little outside the city center but still easily accessible by subway. Novotel hotels often don't charge extra for kids, so they might be a good option. One option is the Novotel Barcelona City hotel, which is only a block from Glories subway station. We've stayed there in the past and were happy with the hotel and the location (it's also close to a supermarket/mall).

Thanks. That's a great start. We stayed at a Novotel in Munich and we liked it.

We booked for a family of 4 (kids 9 and 7)and booked the Hotel Continental in Barcelona. They book it a little differently. You have to go to their website, go through the book now, and they e-mail you a confirmation. They have a 24 hour continental buffet too, which I think will be good for my boys.

The other 2 places I found were the Hotel Apsis Porta Marina AND the Husa Oriente. I have read some bad stuff about the noise around the Husa Oriente because of a Teen Hostel next door. The Apsis looks really nice but we chose the Continental.

The price is in your range too.

We're a family of four too heading to BCN in April. We gave up on the hotel option after an initial search, as the maximum capacity (even for "family rooms") seems to be three. Taking out two rooms in a decent hotel would be quite expensive. We have now booked an apartment with Negre BCN - look that up on the tripadvisor Barcelona forum. We figured having an apartment would probably give the four of us more room to move around. Good luck!

Jennifer,

I'm also researching hotels for my family (2 adults 2 kids) for our stay pre-cruise. So many choices but I am seeing that finding one room for all 4 of us is not easy. Post if you find something!!

Try this hotel: http://www.hispanos7suiza.com/

We had 7 in our group and had the top apartment.It was wonderful.

We decided to fly into Barcelona the day before our cruise and I am looking at staying at the Novotel Barcelona Cornella. From what I read, it is 10 min from the airport, 15 min from the city and about 8 min from the port. After the cruise we will stay 2 nights, so I want to find a place closer to the city center. The search is still on.

Did you find anything yet?

Jennifer,

I'm also researching hotels for my family (2 adults 2 kids) for our stay pre-cruise. So many choices but I am seeing that finding one room for all 4 of us is not easy. Post if you find something!!

Thanks for reminding me to check into apartments!! I am looking at some now. Did you book directly with Negre BCN (do you have a link) or with a site like VRBO? Thanks!

We're a family of four too heading to BCN in April. We gave up on the hotel option after an initial search, as the maximum capacity (even for "family rooms") seems to be three. Taking out two rooms in a decent hotel would be quite expensive. We have now booked an apartment with Negre BCN - look that up on the tripadvisor Barcelona forum. We figured having an apartment would probably give the four of us more room to move around. Good luck!

We decided to fly into Barcelona the day before our cruise and I am looking at staying at the Novotel Barcelona Cornella. From what I read, it is 10 min from the airport, 15 min from the city and about 8 min from the port. After the cruise we will stay 2 nights, so I want to find a place closer to the city center. The search is still on.

Did you find anything yet?

Went to AAA office today to see if we could come up with anything. She put a hold for me in the Hotel Sant Agusti. One room for all four of us and includes breakfast. the cost is $481 for two nights. I'm still planning on doing some research though!

Found a great site where the prices were the best (lowest) of any other site. You may want to try it. It is outlet dash hotels dot com. Put in city and there is lots in your price range, in lots of different areas. Good Luck! We are going in October, and I booked a 4 star for less than the 3 stars on other sites.

Found a great site where the prices were the best (lowest) of any other site. You may want to try it. It is outlet dash hotels dot com. Put in city and there is lots in your price range, in lots of different areas. Good Luck! We are going in October, and I booked a 4 star for less than the 3 stars on other sites.

I read that the site you are referring to is a SCAM site. Not sure if it is or not, but I would be leary.

So we decided to stay at the Novotel Barcelona Cornella the day we get into Barcelona and then we are going to stay at one of the VRBO.com rentals, in the Ciutat Vella area) for 2 nights after the cruise. Have you found anywhere else to stay?

If budget is important, and you're not a fussy bugger, have a look at this. It's right by the main pedestrianised thoroughfare (Las Ramblas) and a walk to the port. Around £100 sterling for 1 night on Booking.com

Hotel Aneto

Carme, 38, Ciutat Vella, 08001 Barcelona

Hi

UK budget chain travelodge http:// www2 . travelodge . co .uk now has three spanish hotels

go to link and click find our lowest prices Then click on map of spain. I had a room in Barcelona for 19 euros - Its very basic but clean (Different from US travelodge company) and located about 20 mins from centre (a 2 euro metro ride)

Good luck

Archived