And you think you are sophisticated!!!

ahoughton

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jbl1510:

Well I guess as long as I can get some of them domestic beers I can swaller until I get an empty can or bottle to spit in.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is wrong with you, has the language degraded so much you can't even form a proper sentence? It's "... I can swaller until I get A empty bottle ..."

Man, all these years a teachin English and I end up in a room with the like a you. Sheesh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Unsure:

Jana;

Sorry for my Feux pas in grammar.

I tried to use proper grammar so you would think I was a Carnival cruiser.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now THAT made me laugh! Thank you!!!

Jana <---formerly of Crofton, BC, upisland

you are all too funny. This really makes me laugh as we lived in the DC area and read the Post all the time in the early to late 80s. WE will take our unsophisticated NM any day. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed DC but love the casual, classless lifestyle we now live. NMNita

Commodore 1984, Costa 1985, RCL 1987, Chandris 1989, NCL 1989, Commodore, 1991, NCL 1997, Carnival 1997, Carnival 1998,NCL 1998, NCL 1999, RCL 2000, RCL 2000, NCL 2002,NCL 2003, Celebrity 2003, NCL 2004

dradford,

Anyone that quotes from the Andy Griffith show has to be sophistocated. For all you unsophistocated (non Andy watchers) the silk purse line was used by Barney referring to Ernest T. Bass at Mrs. Wiley's party.

"Baby lets cruise away from here"

I guess what I am trying to say is that as unsophisticated as I am I still like to save as much money as possible. If saving money means that I am unsophisticated with low self-esteem then I guess that describes me.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It wasn't Andy Griffith, sorry

RCI Majesty of the Seas 06/05/2000

RCI Enchantment of the Seas 12/09/2001

Carnival Conquest 12/01/2002

Norwegian Dawn 11/30/2003

Norwegian Star to Alaska 6/26/05

Life is too short to be unhappy!

Time left until Alaska!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2005;6;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Mea culpa! How did I ever confuse Jonathan Swift with Barney Fife? I promise to be more careful in the future.

RCI Majesty of the Seas 06/05/2000

RCI Enchantment of the Seas 12/09/2001

Carnival Conquest 12/01/2002

Norwegian Dawn 11/30/2003

Norwegian Star to Alaska 6/26/05

Life is too short to be unhappy!

Time left until Alaska!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2005;6;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

you all are a hoot. i would like to be on a cruise with all of you. people with class, know how to spend their money and have a good time. not just tell people how to spend their money. bet the wash post has had as much experience as on a garbage barge. alaska-star-09-05-04. YA HOO

ncl sky 2000

Archived