Oceanas Alcohol Carry-on Policy

sailor-boy

You would have to check with P & O

But OCEANIA you can bring on alcohol & wine for use in your cabin

If you take wine to the dining venues you will have to pay a corkage fee

The other option is to check out the new drinks packages

There is a search feature (top right) where these topics have been discussed before

From my research Oceaina has a open policy that you can bring several bottles at a time of wine, or sprits. aboard and can do so at every port.

For drinking in your cabin rather than from a paper bag on deck.

Enforced....is hardly the Oceaina sort of thing ; Pirvilege is.

This aint Carnival or Celeb. the nickel n' dime lines

We've brought lots of wine on board and Lemoncello too!!!

Never been a problem. We have a couple glasses before dinner and then haven't minded paying for it at dinner, although I may reconsider and pay the corkage, as I've been having issues with sulfites, and I'm not sure if what they supply has the U.S. FDA required sulfites added.

We have been on 10 Oceania cruises. There has never been a problem bringing on hard liquor or wine at any port. We like wine with lunch in our cabin and a drink before dinner. We love the policy with Oceania and always affirm this in the evaluation at the end of the cruise.

We got off the Marina yesterday. We brought 2 cases of wine on board with us so we could drink the wines we like. We taped the boxes up well and put one of our luggage tags on each box, then sent them on the ship with our luggage. No problem. The corkage fee was $25 when we brought the wine to the restaurant which we did every night except for La Reserve. The Sommelier made it very clear before opening the bottle that we would be charged the corkage fee and we were charged each night.

We got off the Marina yesterday. We brought 2 cases of wine on board with us so we could drink the wines we like. We taped the boxes up well and put one of our luggage tags on each box, then sent them on the ship with our luggage. No problem. The corkage fee was $25 when we brought the wine to the restaurant which we did every night except for La Reserve. The Sommelier made it very clear before opening the bottle that we would be charged the corkage fee and we were charged each night.

TWO CASES!! Of my goodness... now that is impressive. So even though they say they have a "three bottle" policy (read that somewhere) they were OK with two cases. I will definately try to take a little more on!

We bought several bottles of wine in each port, and took a number of them to the dining room to drink with our dinner. Corkage $20. It was fun to share them with the wine steward, since they are always looking for new selections. We relied on advice in the local wine shops, and came away with some really nice, unique, drinkable bottles for well under $ 20 apiece. Even with the corkage, a nice option. Had no questions whatsoever when bringing bottles on board.

TWO CASES!! Of my goodness... now that is impressive. So even though they say they have a "three bottle" policy (read that somewhere) they were OK with two cases. I will definately try to take a little more on!

Please do. The rules that are posted by Oceania are not enforced, unless they need to be due to over inbdulgence. That's why they are there.

REALLY??? It was $20 on our Cape Town-Singapore cruise Dec-Jan which we think is pretty high-end for corkage. Perhaps not for NYC or other urban centers but for our town, that's about $5-$10 more than what's charged. Makes the alcohol packages offered now looking better and better...as well as the lines that include beer and wine at meals for that matter.

REALLY??? It was $20 on our Cape Town-Singapore cruise Dec-Jan which we think is pretty high-end for corkage. Perhaps not for NYC or other urban centers but for our town, that's about $5-$10 more than what's charged. Makes the alcohol packages offered now looking better and better...as well as the lines that include beer and wine at meals for that matter.

Unfortunately, they have to keep the corkage charge stiff, or the more......shall we say "enterprising"?.... among us will start bringing on wine in order to avoid buying from Oceania's Cellar.

The Corkage Service is meant widen the scope of wines that passengers may enjoy on-board, not to help them lower the price-point.

Unfortunately, they have to keep the corkage charge stiff, or the more......shall we say "enterprising"?.... among us will start bringing on wine in order to avoid buying from Oceania's Cellar.

The Corkage Service is meant widen the scope of wines that passengers may enjoy on-board, not to help them lower the price-point.

And $20 corkage fee wasn't enough to accomplish that?? Come on.........

Archived