Do ships decorate for Christmas?

butternut1

Yes they do decorate and as can be seen from these pictures - it is not religious.

Stores and radios can overdo the Christmas music. In the Catholic Christian tradition Christmas music is not allowed during the season before Christmas (this is called Advent and is a time of preparation), but we do play Christmas carols until the Epiphany (Jan 6) - and the 12 days of Christmas START on Dec 25.

We had one delightful Christmas cruise where the Captain, mindful of overdoing the whole Christmas music saturation thing, prohibited Christmas songs over the PA system until Christmas Eve. It made Christmas even more special for us.

1951787815_EP_045sm.jpg.e4966562e24464a534c46b17929d3fd2.jpg

7436753_EP_035sm.jpg.e033c85cff1dff3f86ded7d27ef956a2.jpg

Thank you.

That's actually encouraging...except for the carols part. When I was picking up a prescription at Walgreens in mid-November (pre-Thanksgiving) and heard "Oh, Holy Night" on the muzak, I thought, "Wow. Really?"

I might somewhat mean-spiritedly add that though a Christmas tree might be non-religious (actually, it's a steal from the pagans), it's not really secular in the sense that Muslims, Hindus, Jews, and atheists all put up Christmas trees, too.

I was not allowed to have a Christmas tree, not even a Hanukkah bush!

Archived