What to do with an unfinished Bon Voyage liquor bottle?

I'm considering ordering a bottle from Bon Voyage to save money on drinks, like a lot of people. But since it's just a 4-day cruise, the 1 L bottles they sell might be too much. (It'd be 250 mL per day; that's 5 big shots.) Don't know if it'll be finished by the time the cruise ends, and drinking more just to keep money from going to waste doesn't appeal to me as much now as it did when I was in my early 20's. It's be great if Carnival sold 500 mL bottles for half price, but that's a pipe dream.

The question is: what do you do with the unfinished bottle? I highly doubt it's allowed to bring it onto an airplane to take home, even in checked luggage. Although if it is allowed, problem solved. Would it be tacky to leave it on the dresser in addition to the tip money, and would the room steward be offended by that?

I can't possibly be the only one with that situation. Post how you solved the problem if you bought a liquor bottle from Bon Voyage and didn't finish it during the cruise.

I have only ever ordered wine from bon voyage, and therefore have had no problem making away with it over a 7 or 8 day cruise. However if I were to order a bottle of gin, rum, scotch etc, then I would not be able to drink that all over a week, well maybe...but, if there was any left, I would tend to just pour it down the drain. I cant bring it home, because I fly home after cruise, and I have a problem with leaving half consumed bottles of booze for the crew, because I dont think I would like to recieve half consumed bottles of booze from other people. Just me, also not all crew are alcohol drinkers, so yes, I would just pour the rest down the drain.:(

Pack it in your checked luggage. OR (if you're concerned about the bottle breaking, etc., bring an empty rum runner and fill that up. That's what I've done... brought the empty rum runner... yeah, empty... :rolleyes:

I've seen twice now because we debarked rather late, or at least later than most, than stewards DO NOT drink the left behind booze, they toss it. I mean, would YOU drink something left in a bottle that had God knows whose lips on it, God knows what spit back into it, God knows what PUT into it? Not me, I guess I'm just not that brave.

If you want it, take it home one way or the other. Me? BV booze is too expensive to leave behind, unless it's just a tiny bit of course... gotta be worth your while! ;) Either that, or pour a mean bloody mary the morning of debark and enjoy your ride home! :D (Have a DD of course, if you are driving)

It's no problem to put the bottle in your checked bag flying home. A tip though- look into buying a "wine diaper" (google it) to put the bottle in just in case it breaks or leaks. Happy cruising!!!!

Im having a good chuckle, "wine diaper", yes I will google it. Thanks for the tip. Im just chuckling, thinking of what happened to my parents a few years ago.

My Dad drank scotch, so bought some here in canada, and packed it in his checked baggage, which made it from here, Ottawa Canada to Los Angeles. They spent a night in a hotel in LA, and he left it packed in his suitcase. They boarded their ship ( Celebrity ), and all was fine until, they went to see if their bags had yet arrived at the room, and to get ready for first night dinner. Mom says...she smelled it about 20 doors away from their room, then saw the bags outside their door, with a big leak coming out of their bag.

Dad had packed his scotch well enough for Air Canada, but too much to hope for it to make it on board. He had also packed it with his dining room suit for formal nights! My mom spent much of her first day on board, in the laundry room. She did get his suit back in good form. My Dad was however seriously ****** that his booze was gone. :D

Dad no longer drinks alcohol, but they still cruise, so I guess that is a good thing for both of them.:)

Lol- see if he had had his bottle in a wine diaper nothing would have gotten on his suit :). It's made of diaper material with a ziplock seal on top. Supposedly will absorb an entire bottle of wine. I used it on my Black Seal Rum I got in Bermuda but thank god it didn't break!!!!!

I agree that you should be able to put it in checked luggage, but personally I would vote for sharing it. Take it to dinner, or a goodbye gathering with your roll call members, or wherever, and share a toast to the great times you all had on the cruise. It will become yet another great addition to your memory bank.

Have fun!

I'd probably pack it to come home. DH can pack just about anything so it won't break.

I wouldn't leave a half-finished bottle for the steward. They may smile and say thank you but I'm guessing it goes in the trash. Who knows if someone could have contaminated it, laced it with drugs, spit in it, etc. There are some creepy and disgusting people in this world and the stewards see it all in their line of work.

Who knows if someone could have contaminated it, laced it with drugs, spit in it, etc. There are some creepy and disgusting people in this world and the stewards see it all in their line of work.

Have had some interaction with stewards over the years and YES they want the liquor... and no they do not worry about the creeps... most can tell by the demeanor of the people in the cabin... although anything can happen. They may throw it out but from the positive reaction I think not.

I'm considering ordering a bottle from Bon Voyage to save money on drinks, like a lot of people. But since it's just a 4-day cruise, the 1 L bottles they sell might be too much. (It'd be 250 mL per day; that's 5 big shots.) Don't know if it'll be finished by the time the cruise ends, and drinking more just to keep money from going to waste doesn't appeal to me as much now as it did when I was in my early 20's. It's be great if Carnival sold 500 mL bottles for half price, but that's a pipe dream.

The question is: what do you do with the unfinished bottle? I highly doubt it's allowed to bring it onto an airplane to take home, even in checked luggage. Although if it is allowed, problem solved. Would it be tacky to leave it on the dresser in addition to the tip money, and would the room steward be offended by that?

I can't possibly be the only one with that situation. Post how you solved the problem if you bought a liquor bottle from Bon Voyage and didn't finish it during the cruise.

Leaving it in the cabin with a note would be great. I am sure your cabin attendant would appreciate it very much.

Twice I had left over liquor. Once I brought it home, the other time I asked the room steward if he or his friends could use it. The answer was a happy "yes".

If you don't feel like taking it off of the ship, ask the room steward - nothing wrong with asking him.

Simple...I persoanlly ask my Steward if they want any that is leftover.

Each one has graciously accepted...even left them full bottles of Champagne.

The way I look at it...I am not carrying it off the ship...and they always treat me great so why not return the goodwill.

If they don`t drink it I am sure they have friends that will...

Not like there is Much of the vodka left anyway....lol

Archived