Miracle offering a 10 day cruise out of NYC

CCLNCLRCICRUISER

Did I miss this in the announcement about Miracle moving? This cruise is right before she leaves on the 15 day panama canal cruise.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/SailingSearch/Search2/?dat=032013&embkCode=NYC&dest=C&numGuests=2#

March 6/2013

NYC

Grand Turk

San Juan, Puerto Rico

St. Thomas, USVI

Tortola, BVI

NYC

this is exactly what new york needs regularly; 10 day cruises to 4 or 5 caribbean ports.

this is what would have people in the tri-state area dancing down 5th avenue. not itineraries to nassau, freeport, and port canaveral. or worse, sending "our" ships to europe, on the other side of a pricy airfare.

this is exactly what new york needs regularly; 10 day cruises to 4 or 5 caribbean ports.

this is what would have people in the tri-state area dancing down 5th avenue. not itineraries to nassau, freeport, and port canaveral. or worse, sending "our" ships to europe, on the other side of a pricy airfare.

I couldn't agree more! I can't imagine any seasoned cruisers wanting to spend 2-4 days of their cruise freezing, just to go to Nassau and Freeport during the winter. Those ports stink and it's not even that warm there in the winter. The only people dancing to that news were newbies who don't know any better:rolleyes:

I'd be more apt to give a NY cruise a try if this were the case! I could deal with the cooler temps for a couple days of the cruise if it were a 10 day cruise. This cruise port is the closest to us and within driving distance but it's never appealed to us because of price and sailing out of a colder NY. I cruise to get away from the cooler weather we typically have here. With a 10 day itinerary we'd have a better chance at having a full 7 days of nicer weather. I do like that they will be sailing 8 day cruises out of the city now. That may tempt me at some point but I'd only cruise during warmer weather.

I I do like that they will be sailing 8 day cruises out of the city now.

carnival always been sailing 8 days to the Bahamas with 2 and half days at seas, 3 days at port and 2 and half days back to nyc

the only 7 day cruises out of NY where the canada cruise

carnival always been sailing 8 days to the Bahamas with 2 and half days at seas, 3 days at port and 2 and half days back to nyc

the only 7 day cruises out of NY where the canada cruise

Never year-round. And certainly never in March.

We would be more apt to do a cruise like this in the fall. Not worth spending a day or more each way in colder weather.

That is why we mostly sail out of Florida.

Agreed!!

LOVE this option - but we typically sail in February - so until we change when we cruise it's not the best option because the first and last days would be too cold. LOL....We sail in February to get away from the cold ;) :D

Did I miss this in the announcement about Miracle moving? This cruise is right before she leaves on the 15 day panama canal cruise.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/SailingSearch/Search2/?dat=032013&embkCode=NYC&dest=C&numGuests=2#

March 6/2013

NYC

Grand Turk

San Juan, Puerto Rico

St. Thomas, USVI

Tortola, BVI

NYC

LOOOOVE this Itinerary... just too bad that it's only happening once from NY! :(

I agree.. who wants to sail from NY to Bahamas or Freeport and basically freeze? I would take the longer cruise and go further.. to Southern Carib. NY is an ideal port to leave from for a lot of Canucks... it's possible to drive to NY instead of Fly.. that saves a lot of cash right there!

If the timing were better (after April 2013) it would have worked for me! Bummer!

We would have loved to have booked this too, HATE the NYC cruises that stop in Port Canaveral, Freeport and Nassau. This is why we would rather fly to ports that offer better intineraries than PC, F, and N.

Wish Baltimore and NYC would up their game and offer authentic 8 day southern Caribbean ports instead of Florida/Bahamas.

in 2008 my Miracle cruise we wnent from NYC...to PR...St Thomas...Tortola

Then suddenly...The Miracle deveolped those infamous Propulsion issues(this is what happens when fuel prices go up).

Then never again to Tortola...shame as that is one great stop!!!

If this would continue...then I may book in 2013...leaning twds AI tho

I would do that cruise if was offered on a regular basis

Me too! Repeat Offenders 4!:D

LOOOOVE this Itinerary... just too bad that it's only happening once from NY! :(

I agree.. who wants to sail from NY to Bahamas or Freeport and basically freeze? I would take the longer cruise and go further.. to Southern Carib. NY is an ideal port to leave from for a lot of Canucks... it's possible to drive to NY instead of Fly.. that saves a lot of cash right there!

If the timing were better (after April 2013) it would have worked for me! Bummer!

If you go from May til beginning of Oct you can get better ports out of NY, but the winter cruises do the Bahamas...go figure:rolleyes:

We would have loved to have booked this too, HATE the NYC cruises that stop in Port Canaveral, Freeport and Nassau. This is why we would rather fly to ports that offer better intineraries than PC, F, and N.

Wish Baltimore and NYC would up their game and offer authentic 8 day southern Caribbean ports instead of Florida/Bahamas.

Spring, summer & fall itins include Half Moon Cay & Grand Turk, or San Juan, St Thomas & Grand Turk;)

in 2008 my Miracle cruise we wnent from NYC...to PR...St Thomas...Tortola

Then suddenly...The Miracle deveolped those infamous Propulsion issues(this is what happens when fuel prices go up).

Then never again to Tortola...shame as that is one great stop!!!

If this would continue...then I may book in 2013...leaning twds AI tho

Agree...Tortola is beautiful, and you can get to Jost Van Dyke (and the Soggy Dollar Bar) from there...good stuff! But we may be AI'ing it with you if no great cruises jump out at us;)

Agreed!!

LOVE this option - but we typically sail in February - so until we change when we cruise it's not the best option because the first and last days would be too cold. LOL....We sail in February to get away from the cold ;) :D

The cold is why we will drive from Va to Florida to start the cruise away from winter.

There was a picture of the Pride in Baltimore covered in snow. That convinced me once and for all about cruising in winter and where to begin our cruise.

The cold is why we will drive from Va to Florida to start the cruise away from winter.

There was a picture of the Pride in Baltimore covered in snow. That convinced me once and for all about cruising in winter and where to begin our cruise.

Stu...I agree that cruising from the NE is crazy in the winter...I guess it must be ok for some...not me though

Stu...I agree that cruising from the NE is crazy in the winter...I guess it must be ok for some...not me though

I can't even imagine it. I spend very little time inside when I'm on the ship, so I would definitely not have the experience I so love about cruising if I left from up here in winter.

You do save the cost of getting to Florida. Be interesting to see how the all year cruising out of NY will go.

My bets are it may start out successfully, but I doubt it will continue that way once people realize how cold it is for half the cruise and how lame those 3 ports are. Only the inexperienced cruisers will be jumping on it...and maybe the people who just want to drink and gamble throughout;)

My bets are it may start out successfully, but I doubt it will continue that way once people realize how cold it is for half the cruise and how lame those 3 ports are. Only the inexperienced cruisers will be jumping on it...and maybe the people who just want to drink and gamble throughout;)

Year round cruises have been successful for Pride out of Bmore, doing essentially the same itineraries.

Some people want to cruise without flying or driving long distances, the ports arent that big a deal for them.

Archived