Miracle offering a 10 day cruise out of NYC

CCLNCLRCICRUISER

this is exactly what new york needs regularly; 10 day cruises to 4 or 5 caribbean ports.

this is what would have people in the tri-state area dancing down 5th avenue. not itineraries to nassau, freeport, and port canaveral. or worse, sending "our" ships to europe, on the other side of a pricy airfare.

i agree. i have no desire to go to the bahamas, and certainly not to sail for several cold days and then only get 1 or 2 warm days. this would be great for me. wish it was offered more often because i would do it. it would be worth the price because i would save on hotels and flights that i wouldn't have to take.

Year round cruises have been successful for Pride out of Bmore, doing essentially the same itineraries.

Some people want to cruise without flying or driving long distances, the ports arent that big a deal for them.

True but do not understand an itinerary of Pt Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport drawing any interest.

However judging by the pricing a few times when I looked at it Carnival does seem to be doing well with it.

True but do not understand an itinerary of Pt Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport drawing any interest.

However judging by the pricing a few times when I looked at it Carnival does seem to be doing well with it.

Often I have been on the elevator or on the lido deck after getting back from port and asked the person if they enjoyed their day in port....at times the person said oh we NEVER get off the ship. We cruise for the ship experience.

Different strokes for different folks.

As long as Carnival can fill the ships at a premium price, I doubt they will change the itineraries.

Thanks!

I like the 10 day over the 8 and the ports are WAY better. I figure embarkation day is a write off as it will be cold.....probably winter jackets on the balcony lol, but halfway through the first sea day it will be warm enough to comfortably sit outside. Same with the way back....halfway through the last sea day most people will go indoors. But, hey, it's a 10 day'er and it's out of NY and it's over March break so all in all it's a winner in my books. March break airfare out of Buffalo to FL is RIDICULOUS! (around 600pp) I wouldn't even THINK of going out of Toronto...it would be double that. Yikes.

Too bad it's only that one cruise. I think it would be popular if it was a regular itinerary.

You do save the cost of getting to Florida. Be interesting to see how the all year cruising out of NY will go.

If NCL's success is any indication I think Canival will do just fine. Living in NY I usually sail with Carnival in the Summer and NCL in the Winter. Recently we sailed on a 10 day cruise with NCL on the Gem from NY to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Marten, Antigua, and Tortola. NCL usually sails full out of NYC. It will be nice to have additional choices. I'm thinking of booking the Miracle for next January.

If NCL's success is any indication I think Canival will do just fine. Living in NY I usually sail with Carnival in the Summer and NCL in the Winter. Recently we sailed on a 10 day cruise with NCL on the Gem from NY to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Marten, Antigua, and Tortola. NCL usually sails full out of NYC. It will be nice to have additional choices. I'm thinking of booking the Miracle for next January.

The fact that NCL will be putting its newest ship in NYC, also seems to indicate that there is success in sailing out of the city during the winter.

I have to agree. I live in NJ and rarely sail out of NY or Baltimore because the itinerary stinks. Port Canaveral, Freeport, and Nassau - week after week out of Baltimore. Port Canaveral as a port is a JOKE! The only reason they go there is to restock the ship. I was not at all impressed with Freeport either. I have to admit though that I like Nassau - I know I am in the minority there. If you sail NCL out of NY it is Port Canaveral, Great Stirrup and Nassau - EVERY WEEK!! I did it last March and had 2 days in the 40's out of my 7 day cruise. I did book the Miracle out of NY for this Oct. It goes to Grand Turk, HMC, and Nassau. I like that itinerary. Plus, it isn't usually too cold in the beginning of October up here. I figure I am saving about $500 in airfare (with the baggage fees), $100 in hotel, and $100 for a rental car in Florida. That $800 is my Sail and Sign bill right there, so if it's cold one or 2 days, I'll deal with it.

I love this itinerary & love the longer cruises! I usually leave out of NY and prefer it. I will have to do some research though, as I do not want to cruise during a school vacation lol...I'm doing it this year (as part of a B2B) only because other family members wanted to specifically cruise while kids are on Easter break! I may book this cruise as a farewell to my favorite ship before she leaves NY forever.

I love this itinerary & love the longer cruises! I usually leave out of NY and prefer it. I will have to do some research though, as I do not want to cruise during a school vacation lol...I'm doing it this year (as part of a B2B) only because other family members wanted to specifically cruise while kids are on Easter break! I may book this cruise as a farewell to my favorite ship before she leaves NY forever.

Just to be certain....this week DOES fall directly on March Break (Spring Break) for the entire province of Ontario (JK - Grade 12). I would hazard a guess, that we will not be the only Canuck family taking advantage of the cheap airfare, longer itinerary and less time missed from school.

Did I miss this in the announcement about Miracle moving? This cruise is right before she leaves on the 15 day panama canal cruise.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/SailingSearch/Search2/?dat=032013&embkCode=NYC&dest=C&numGuests=2#

March 6/2013

NYC

Grand Turk

San Juan, Puerto Rico

St. Thomas, USVI

Tortola, BVI

NYC

CCLNCLRCICRUISER...just wanted to come back and thank you sooooo much for this thread! I booked it yesterday, :D:D, & the price for my starboard Verandah balcony is just about the same for this 10-day as I paid (TWICE lol) this spring for my port side balcony on the 8-day cruises! Just fabulous prices! Thank you very much, no joke! I would ordinarily never look at itineraries in March! Woohoo!

Called my PVP and booked a room right away when I heard about this cruise . After this the Miracle is relocating to the westcoast. I hope Carnival will see how fast this cruise books up and plan to replace it with another ship doing a 10 day Caribbean cruise. I live in MA and it is only a 3 hrdrive to NYC.

For some it isn't about the ports and while it may be cold for a few days it will be warmer than NY...some people just want a vacation and don't care...take the low cost and not having to fly and that is what will keep the winter cruises going...I think NCL does it from NY year round...

I have to agree. I live in NJ and rarely sail out of NY or Baltimore because the itinerary stinks. Port Canaveral, Freeport, and Nassau - week after week out of Baltimore. Port Canaveral as a port is a JOKE! The only reason they go there is to restock the ship. I was not at all impressed with Freeport either. I have to admit though that I like Nassau - I know I am in the minority there. If you sail NCL out of NY it is Port Canaveral, Great Stirrup and Nassau - EVERY WEEK!! I did it last March and had 2 days in the 40's out of my 7 day cruise. I did book the Miracle out of NY for this Oct. It goes to Grand Turk, HMC, and Nassau. I like that itinerary. Plus, it isn't usually too cold in the beginning of October up here. I figure I am saving about $500 in airfare (with the baggage fees), $100 in hotel, and $100 for a rental car in Florida. That $800 is my Sail and Sign bill right there, so if it's cold one or 2 days, I'll deal with it.

We did the Miracle last October and are doing the same trip this October. Last year we left on the 5th and came back on the 13th...we left NY in 60+ degree weather and next morning in the upper 70s to lower 80s...people swimming and laying out in the sun...

We did the Miracle last October and are doing the same trip this October. Last year we left on the 5th and came back on the 13th...we left NY in 60+ degree weather and next morning in the upper 70s to lower 80s...people swimming and laying out in the sun...

Hey JiffyBear we were on the 10/5 cruise last year too and it was too bad we couldn't tender to HMC, but that's not stopping us from doing it again this year.:D We still had a fantastic time.

Come over and join the roll call it's been a little slow but we're still a ways off.

Here's the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1531866

Not to get off the topic of this thread we are booking the 03/06/13 10 day Miracle cruise before she heads west. The longest cruise we've ever been on has been an 8 day. Excellent itinerary, great rates so we're in.:D

We've sailed on The Pride in January and we were on that cruise that Stu was referring to, lots of snow.:eek: We are not newbies but when you need a vacation and have to get on a cruise ship you do what you have to do.:cool:

Archived