How much did you really spend on food/drinks?

tropical.dreams

I'm actually going to be in KW for 4 days, but thought that many of you would be able to help me if you've been there outside of a cruise.

How much did you *really* spend on food and drinks for 4 days in KW? I would say he would drink at least 6-8 beers/hard drinks a day, I might hit 3 mixed drinks. As far as food, we don't want to have anything fancy or expensive, so no Louie's Backyard or anything. We'll probably hit Rooftop Cafe, Blue Heaven, and a bunch of "bar and grill" or beach cafe places.

The way to save money on drinks is to hit the various happy hours, especially at the Key West Bight.

Alonzo's and the Boathouse have half-priced drinks and apps then. The Half Shell Raw Bar and Turtle Kraals have .50 oysters and half-priced drinks. The Conch Republic has 2-4-1 drinks. And off the Bight, Kelly's at the corner of Whitehead and Caroline has hot wings and $1.50 draft micro brews.

As an example of regular prices

Conch Republic

A Key West Sunset Ale $5

A mojito $9

A Bloody Mary $8

A margerita $8

Arum runner $8

Schooner Wharf

Sunset Ale (Draft) $3.50

Mojito $7.50 (Specialty -$7.50-$9.00)

Margarita $6.00 (Specialty-$7.00-$9.00)

Rum Runner $7.00

The tiki bar at the sunset pier at the Ocean Key, 0 Duval Street

Sunset Ale 4.50 14oz / 6.00 20oz· Mojito (Bacardi) 9.00

· Bloody Mary 6.50

· Margarita (Sauza Gold) 7.00

· Rum Runner 9.50

(I (I asked once)

PjPjk

A lot of people don't like Kelly's. They mention slow service and the food doesn't get raves, but there aren't many more pleasant places in Key West to sit and have a drink which doesn't overlook the water. The bar gets crowded once in a while but I like to sit there in an almost garden-like setting.

Isn't Grunts open again? Just down Caroline.

Pjk

Greetings

My SO and I go down several times a year. I also lived there for many years, so I do know my way around. Our last trip we spent about $200/day for food and drinks for the 2 of us. No dinners at Louies or even Cafe Marquessa, just places like Conch Republic, Half Shell, Pepe's. We do like to sit at Schooner's and listen to music (while drinking) so you may be able to get by with less if you cut back on the libations.

Wish I was there right now. Have Fun

Tom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would highly recommend visiting El Siboney restaurant while you are there. It was recommended to me by my innkeeper last time I was there and it is fantastic. It's kind of hidden in a residential neighborhood off the beaten path but worth finding. Doesn't look like much but the food is fantastic and the prices are equally as good! Authentic Cuban food!

Archived