Getting to Butchart gardens

rileyj

I will be coming into Victoria on the NCL Pearl in May. We will be in port from 8am-5pm. I want to visit Butchart Gardens. I understand that I can take the 31 bus and transfer to the 75 bus. I was wondering where I would transfer buses and also do I need to get some kind of transfer pass from the bus driver for the 75 bus? Not sure how the whole switching bus thing works. Also, I will have My 17 month son with me. Anything I will need to know about traveling by bus with him, will I need to pay bus fare for him too?

Also how long will it take to tour the gardens? Will I have time to visit other sites in Victoria and if so what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Oh dear here we go again. When you get on the #31 bus and pay your fare ask the driver for a transfer. Tell the driver that you are going out to the gardens and the driver will advise you where to transfer, it will likely be at the Royal Oak Exchange. When you get to the transfer point, you will then get on the #75 bus and give the driver your transfer. You will reverse the procedure when returning.

You will not need to pay for a 17 month old child. Your fare will be $2.50 each way, CDN funds only, you will need the exact fare as the driver does not give change. The bus ride will take just a little over an hour in either direction.

I will be coming into Victoria on the NCL Pearl in May. We will be in port from 8am-5pm. I want to visit Butchart Gardens. I understand that I can take the 31 bus and transfer to the 75 bus. I was wondering where I would transfer buses and also do I need to get some kind of transfer pass from the bus driver for the 75 bus? Not sure how the whole switching bus thing works. Also, I will have My 17 month son with me. Anything I will need to know about traveling by bus with him, will I need to pay bus fare for him too?

Also how long will it take to tour the gardens? Will I have time to visit other sites in Victoria and if so what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Your son (under 5) will travel for free. When you get on the bus, you pay your $2.50 (You'll want C$ or a fistful of US quarters as US coin is accepted in Canada); and ask for a transfer. Tell the driver you want to transfer to the #75 to get to Butchart, and he'll tell you what to do.

The bus stop is right outside the cruise terminal (don't even cross the street -- even if you see a #31, as it's going the wrong way)

http://bctransit.com/ has much more information.

Oh dear here we go again. When you get on the #31 bus and pay your fare ask the driver for a transfer. Tell the driver that you are going out to the gardens and the driver will advise you where to transfer, it will likely be at the Royal Oak Exchange. When you get to the transfer point, you will then get on the #75 bus and give the driver your transfer. You will reverse the procedure when returning.

You will not need to pay for a 17 month old child. Your fare will be $2.50 each way, CDN funds only, you will need the exact fare as the driver does not give change. The bus ride will take just a little over an hour in either direction.

Hey P-Dude: New thread started for Emerald 1/16. Stop on by:-)

Dennis

Archived