Thank You Carnival!

summer_girl

just wanted to post a public Thank You to the honest and helpful employees on the Carnival Elation. We just took a 5 day cruise Feb. 11-16th and when we returned home we failed to find our Classic Ipod we had taken with us on our trip. We just assumed it was in some weird lil pocket in one of our suitcases and it would turn up.

NOPE...got a call today from Carnival asking if perhaps we had left an electronic device in our stateroom...asked for description...and it was the Ipod!! They are shipping it out to us!!

It was found in the safe unlocked. We kept lots of misc. stuff in there and I guess it was laying flat and we simply missed it. A big thank you to our fabulous room steward. So, glad we tipped him the way we did...we knew he was great!!

That is so cool! Elation is awesome (and not a bad drive from Springfield!) :rolleyes: I did it last summer and will miss the opportunity to go to cruise from Mobile. I'm not a fan of cruising NOLA/Mississippi (not saying I wouldn't).

That is so cool! Elation is awesome (and not a bad drive from Springfield!) :rolleyes: I did it last summer and will miss the opportunity to go to cruise from Mobile. I'm not a fan of cruising NOLA/Mississippi (not saying I wouldn't).

The drive to NOLA wasn't bad...less than 11 hrs but NOLA traffic, not so good. I did think the embarkation process was really good.

That was my 2nd cruise on the Elation...the 1st was out of Mobile last August. I think we are gonna try the Conquest late summer/early fall.

It was found in the safe unlocked. We kept lots of misc. stuff in there and I guess it was laying flat and we simply missed it. A big thank you to our fabulous room steward. So, glad we tipped him the way we did...we knew he was great!!

This is why I always lift/take out the piece of felt on the bottom inside the safe.

just wanted to post a public Thank You to the honest and helpful employees on the Carnival Elation. We just took a 5 day cruise Feb. 11-16th and when we returned home we failed to find our Classic Ipod we had taken with us on our trip. We just assumed it was in some weird lil pocket in one of our suitcases and it would turn up.

NOPE...got a call today from Carnival asking if perhaps we had left an electronic device in our stateroom...asked for description...and it was the Ipod!! They are shipping it out to us!!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience on the Elation. We love this ship and go again on it this May. We live on the other side of Missouri from you and it is a fun drive for us to NOLA (and Mobile in the past)

Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience on the Elation. We love this ship and go again on it this May. We live on the other side of Missouri from you and it is a fun drive for us to NOLA (and Mobile in the past)

My significant other's parents are from Maulden! His dad has past away and his mom now lives here in Springield.

That's a great story! Any pics or review of your trip? What did you do this time in Progresso? We'll be in in E232 in July. So looking forward to it. It'll be the kids' first cruise.

I do have pics and will soon do a review. Had a great trip. In Progreso we first got a half hour massage for $15.00 each...rode the double decker bus...$3.00 and we did an Autoprogresso tour that went to the salt flats where the flamingos are, went to some ruins and to a beach club...drinks and food included for $35.00 per person. We also stopped in Buddy's for a cocktail.

It's always easy to report the negative. Few people report a positive experience!

This was a really good story.

Thank you for sharing!:D

It's alway great to hear the good stuff. The Elation was here on the West coast and I had the pleasure of sailing her a few times. One time I lost a diamond stud earring...couldn't find it anywhere. We told our room steward, mostly so he wouldn't vacumn. When we came back from dinner, he had found it and placed it on the desk. I love Carnival too!!!!

WOW! That's great! It's nice to hear that in this day and age that there are still truly honest people out there. Anytime I have forgotten anything anywhere, it's pretty much gone forever. My daughter left her ds on a flight and we didn't realize until we got to baggage. Couldn't get to the gate but they called the gate and they were still cleaning the plane. Nope, no DS. Gone in 10 minutes.

WOW! That's great! It's nice to hear that in this day and age that there are still truly honest people out there. Anytime I have forgotten anything anywhere, it's pretty much gone forever. My daughter left her ds on a flight and we didn't realize until we got to baggage. Couldn't get to the gate but they called the gate and they were still cleaning the plane. Nope, no DS. Gone in 10 minutes.

That really stinks, doesn't it!! Traveling and keeping up with all you need is stressful and no one needs the added pressure of thinking everyone is out to take them!

What a nice surprise! I love this type of stories!

Maybe on your next cruise you can put all small items (jewelry, cash, credit cards, iPod) in a large ziplock bag. That way, when you get the bag out on the last morning, you're sure you got everything out.

That is a great story and I'm so happy your property was returned !!. I must say however, that I didn't fare so well on a cruise. One of my daughters forgot her formal dress when we left the ship and just a hundred miles up the road she remembered that she had left it in the closet. I pulled over, called Carnival and reported the forgotten item. To this day, no dress, no phone call.........just had to write that one off.

Archived