LAX - Changing Terminals

toberman

Never have been thru LAX but looking at flights to PPT (Faa'a) for next year. Looks like Air Canada has a code share with Air Tahiti Nui, but they arrive/depart from different terminals. From the LAX terminal maps it looks like we have to physically exit one terminal (2) and go into another (TBIT).

That would mean having to go thru security again (we clear US Customs and Immigration in Cda). Looking to find out how much time I need between flights?? Of course, I'm assuming since it's code share our bags will be transfered ? Thankfully, I have time to plan. Thanks for any help.

This flight to PPT leaves quite late at night. I would think you'd have plenty of time.

Thanks, I knew you'd come back, but I can also arrive in LAX later in the evening. Just wondering how much time I should allow to transfer from one terminal to the other??

You can actually walk from T2 to TBIT in just a matter of minutes, or take a terminal bus (which often times takes longer). I once walked from T1 to TBIT in about 8 minutes, but I'm a fast walker. So the physical terminal transfer is very short.

Just make sure you get to TBIT before your airline check-in desk closes...the airline website should say exactly what time that is. Your bag should be checked through, but present your baggage tag to the check-in desk when you go to get your boarding pass to confirm.

Security at TBIT can be a pain later at night, when you have departures to all of Asia, all of Australia, and even a few later European and Mexican departures. So, allow yourself plenty of time to get through that...30 minutes from initial ID check to clearing security isn't unheard of.

Archived