Carnival arranged shuttle to Orlando Airport

Evereddie

Question for my brother. He booked a Carnival airport shuttle from Port Canaveral to Orlando airport for a 2:24 flight. It looks like the shuttle leaves at 1pm but seems like I read somewhere it might leave earlier. It's a 1 hour drive it looks like so can this work? He has only carry on if that helps. Anybody have experience on this and the timing of it all.

Thanx for any info.

BTW, this is where someone needs to say, "Carry on for a cruise? Quite the minimalist, isn't he."

Unless he is completely clueless, I would never have Carnival provide shuttle service.

They have tons of them right when you get off the ship I would pretty much bet that they are at least half the cost.

And probably faster.

We have done 7 night cruises with carry-on only. No big deal....

Question for my brother. He booked a Carnival airport shuttle from Port Canaveral to Orlando airport for a 2:24 flight. It looks like the shuttle leaves at 1pm but seems like I read somewhere it might leave earlier. It's a 1 hour drive it looks like so can this work? He has only carry on if that helps. Anybody have experience on this and the timing of it all.

Thanx for any info.

BTW, this is where someone needs to say, "Carry on for a cruise? Quite the minimalist, isn't he."

You gotta have lots of time cause the $19 per passinger shuttle bus won't leave until it's full. The one in FLL was the size of a greyhound bus. As luck would have it, we were a late getting off the boat. When I went to the shuttle, I saw 60+ empty seats. Long story short, I ended up hailing a taxi to catch my 11:00 a.m. flight on time.

You gotta have lots of time cause the $19 per passinger shuttle bus won't leave until it's full. The one in FLL was the size of a greyhound bus. As luck would have it, we were a late getting off the boat. When I went to the shuttle, I saw 60+ empty seats. Long story short, I ended up hailing a taxi to catch my 11:00 a.m. flight on time.
So what did that taxi cost? For my brother the difference between $19. and $35. is nothing to consider. He wants no stress, no worries, and just wants to get on a shuttle and know it will be there in time. The shuttle service gets the info from Carnival about peoples flight times because you have to enter your flight info on the Carnival site before booking the shuttle. It seems a fair bet that they will get you to Airport in time for the flight. A 2:24 flight seems pretty safe no?

So what did that taxi cost? For my brother the difference between $19. and $35. is nothing to consider. He wants no stress, no worries, and just wants to get on a shuttle and know it will be there in time. The shuttle service gets the info from Carnival about peoples flight times because you have to enter your flight info on the Carnival site before booking the shuttle. It seems a fair bet that they will get you to Airport in time for the flight. A 2:24 flight seems pretty safe no?

They should make the 2:30 flight with time to spare. The problem we had was that Customs was late clearing the ship for disembarking which had everything running behind. No one gets off until customs clears the ship. I think I paid $20 (included tip) for the taxi to get me to the airport on time.

Wow, i think thats cutting it close....seriously. I live in O-Town and fly several times a year and sometimes it take 20-30 to just get thru security. And i believe you have to be boarded 10 minutes before the plane is scheduled to leave. I'm sorry but i don't think he will ever make it.

I think it's cutting it too close.

Even if the 1pm shuttle leaves at 1pm, it close to an hour to the airport, then nobody gets to get off the shuttle until all of the luggage has been removed, even if you only have carry on baggage.

So you are looking at 2pm before you even get to head to security, and if you are not flying 1st class the security can easily take 20 to 30 minutes, then you have to take the tram to the actual terminal, that can be another 10+ minutes depending on how long you have to wait on the tram.

I can't imagine why they would have let him book such a late shuttle. I always rent a car when I'm sailing from PC.

And don't forget that you are supposed to be checked in at least 90 minutes before your flight time. I would be more worried that they had given away my seat to the numerous standby passengers that are always trying to snag earlier flights.

Ya, looking way too tight. What time do you think realistically a person could get off the ship. I have heard them announce that people with tight flight times can get early preference. Hopefully someone who has sailed the Dream from Port Canaveral can answer this.

Thanx all for your help.

If the shuttle leaves at 1PM, no way will he make his flight. There are many passengers leaving Orlando on weekends. What does he plan to do from the time everyone is kicked off the ship, which is probably 9:30AM until the shuttle leaves at 1?

At this time, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, to do at the port. If he can cancel, I would ask him to check Travelynx online and I know it's not that much for a 1 way to the airport and he can get there and relax a lot earlier than standing at the pier. I can't believe Carnival would put him on a shuttle that late. They have many shuttles/busses going to the airport a lot earlier.

This is crazy. I say that as one who lives near Orlando. Please have him change.

OK. Travelynx says they will get him to Orlando airport in time, no problem at all. Same price as Carnival arranged shuttle. $35. He will book with Travelynx.

The Carnival shuttle may have worked but no one seems to know if it leaves earlier than 1pm as the site says. There are no doubt several buses not just one. Can't see that one bus being enough for all the cruisers needing to get to the airport. Since Carnival says it outsources the shuttle it just may be the same company.

Thanx again for all the help.

May I ask, where did he read that his Carnival shuttle wasn't leaving until 1pm? I'm getting nervous now b/c I have a 2:55 flight out of MCO and I booked the Carnival shuttle as well, leaving from Port Canaveral.

I assumed there would be numerous shuttles at different times since everyone comes/goes at different times?? :confused:

You will have no problem.

Here is the real scoop. And I hate I didn't read the details myself instead of going on what "Bro" told me he read. The Carnival arranged shuttle says in the FAQ on the site that the earliest flight out of Orlando you should arrange should be 1pm. Not that the shuttle leaves at 1 pm. Big difference. Even though he is now booked with Travelynx, the Carnival shuttle should be no problem.

Wish I would have just got on the Carnival site and read for myself.

Archived