Cunard Wedding Program Details

QM1

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/6842-cunard-wedding-program-details.html

For anyone interested in saying "I do". One marriage per day per ship maximum, prices starting at 3075$ including wedding cake, flowers, champagne, and the captain.

I might well witness one of the first marriages aboard QM2, or even the first, as I´ll be aboard in April.

Interesting that the contract one signs with Cunard is based on the contract "laws of the UK" - especially since weddings were the alleged reason for leaving the UK registry. No religious music is allowed, but presumbably anybody serious about a religious ceremony would get married in church or temple and not on a cruise ship.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/6842-cunard-wedding-program-details.html

For anyone interested in saying "I do". One marriage per day per ship maximum, prices starting at 3075$ including wedding cake, flowers, champagne, and the captain.

I might well witness one of the first marriages aboard QM2, or even the first, as I´ll be aboard in April.

Boy that's a bit pricey!! Must be quite the profitable thing to do for Cunard/Carnival Corp.

Taken from the Terms and Conditions on the downloadable PDF "Cunard Weddings Brochure"

The Cunard Weddings ceremony is a civil service conducted under Bermudian law. Bermudian law says that the following requirements must be fulfilled by Guests wishing to be married at sea:

Among other things...

The parties must not be of the same sex.

This is unfortunate as I could be married in my home county - Canada or my birth country - the UK, but not while sailing between the two on my favourite ship.

The Cunard Weddings ceremony is a civil service conducted under Bermudian law. Bermudian law says that the following requirements must be fulfilled by Guests wishing to be married at sea:

Among other things...

The parties must not be of the same sex.

I noticed this as well and am disappointed, especially since I am having my commitment ceremony (gay marriage not yet legal in North Carolina) in April, and we will be aboard the QM2 Westbound TA as part of our honeymoon. We could easily have afforded a wedding aboard given what we are spending on our ceremony.

Have Cunard never noticed the Queens aboard a Queen? Perhaps our bar tabs make us profitable enough guests already! :D

I noticed this as well and am disappointed, especially since I am having my commitment ceremony (gay marriage not yet legal in North Carolina) in April, and we will be aboard the QM2 Westbound TA as part of our honeymoon. We could easily have afforded a wedding aboard given what we are spending on our ceremony.

Have Cunard never noticed the Queens aboard a Queen? Perhaps our bar tabs make us profitable enough guests already! :D

Well, I think everybody should have noticed that Cunard has built its fame, success and overall image on history, conservatism and traditional lifestyle. Gay marriage, lets face it, is far from that. Even if the percentage of gays onboard the Queens is often well above the average in society.

Quite possibly. Cunard always provides great areas for the mingles. I love walking thru the Commodore Club in the evenings and finding the friendly group that is always so welcoming with the "hello's". :D

Archived