Summit - 2/11/12 - 2/18/12

Dave&Robin

We returned this past weekend from a wonderful cruise on the Summit. The ship was very nice with all the new carpeting, furniture in the public areas, flat screen tv's, new balcony furnishings (at least they were new since our trip same time last year)

We enjoyed everything about our vacation.....and for anyone who frequented the martini bar....wasn't Elena fabulous!!! Probably the best waitress we have ever had on any ship, we were a large group who meet there every evening at 7pm after the first night she knew everyone's name and drink preference and would even make great suggestions of other martini's based on what we had been drinking.....we wished we could have brought her home with us :D

I can only come up with one very, very small negative (not that it has any bearing on how much we enjoyed our vacation)....does anyone other than me hate the new hairdryers that are now in the staterooms?? You have to hold the trigger in to keep it on, I have long thick hair and my hand would ache by the time I was finished, can't imagine using it if you had issues with arthritis. I know.....very small complaint...just means I'll pack my own in future.

As I said, we had a great time, the ship is beautiful, food and drink were great, Qsine was fun, does life get any better! :)

Robin

We returned this past weekend from a wonderful cruise on the Summit. The ship was very nice with all the new carpeting, furniture in the public areas, flat screen tv's, new balcony furnishings (at least they were new since our trip same time last year)

We enjoyed everything about our vacation.....and for anyone who frequented the martini bar....wasn't Elena fabulous!!! Probably the best waitress we have ever had on any ship, we were a large group who meet there every evening at 7pm after the first night she knew everyone's name and drink preference and would even make great suggestions of other martini's based on what we had been drinking.....we wished we could have brought her home with us :D

I can only come up with one very, very small negative (not that it has any bearing on how much we enjoyed our vacation)....does anyone other than me hate the new hairdryers that are now in the staterooms?? You have to hold the trigger in to keep it on, I have long thick hair and my hand would ache by the time I was finished, can't imagine using it if you had issues with arthritis. I know.....very small complaint...just means I'll pack my own in future.

As I said, we had a great time, the ship is beautiful, food and drink were great, Qsine was fun, does life get any better! :)

Robin

Maybe I'll bring along a little duct tape :).

Thanks for your review....glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Hi did everyone dress up a lot? we are not really into that and are planning a cruise on Summit next year.

Robin

, new balcony furnishings (at least they were new since our trip same time last year)

Yup, they were taking truck loads of balcony furniture off in Dominica when we were aboard on the last cruise before dry dock.

Apparently there was a company there that was restoring them.. nice way to give back to the port of call.

Enjoyed reading your review and glad to know you had such a great time. Tom and I were on the Summit Dec 2010 and loved it. Met some wonderful fellow cruisers (Hello Librarylady19!). We enjoyed the ship, the staff, the entire adventure. Would be eager to sail the Summit again and see the renovations.

We haven't traveled since then - a few medical issues - but once all of that is taken care of, we'll be off and running (or should I say cruising) again.

Happy cruising to all! :D

BTW, are there pictures posted somewhere of the renovations?

Kruz Guys

Stephen and Tom :)

Enjoyed reading your review and glad to know you had such a great time. Tom and I were on the Summit Dec 2010 and loved it. Met some wonderful fellow cruisers (Hello Librarylady19!). We enjoyed the ship, the staff, the entire adventure. Would be eager to sail the Summit again and see the renovations.

We haven't traveled since then - a few medical issues - but once all of that is taken care of, we'll be off and running (or should I say cruising) again.

Happy cruising to all! :D

BTW, are there pictures posted somewhere of the renovations?

Kruz Guys

Stephen and Tom :)

Hi Stephen & Tom,

Nice to see you on CC again! Hope younwill be able to sail again soon. We booked Sky Suite 6145 again for next January!!

Hi Stephen & Tom,

Nice to see you on CC again! Hope younwill be able to sail again soon. We booked Sky Suite 6145 again for next January!!

Good to see you on CC as well. Your review was terrific and so were the pictures (as always). Tell Scott hi for us.

Stephen & Tom ;)

Robin

Hi Dave & Robin !

We sailed the Millenium with you guys back in 2010 and we will be sailing the Summit this summer to Bermuda...glad to see you enjoyed the Summit.

Thanks for your review

Brigitte

Robin

Agree about the dryers, but I always bring my own! Maybe that is another use for the must be packed duct tape.

Hi did everyone dress up a lot? we are not really into that and are planning a cruise on Summit next year.

We were on the same cruise, and the one the week before. We only saw a few people not dressed for dinner, especially in the traditional seatings. There was one guy completely decked out in denim on formal night and he looked WAY out of place and was getting lots if curious looks!!

Hi Dave & Robin !

We sailed the Millenium with you guys back in 2010 and we will be sailing the Summit this summer to Bermuda...glad to see you enjoyed the Summit.

Thanks for your review

Brigitte

Hi Brigitte!!

Yes of course we remember you and your two wonderful children (more like little adult, so well behaved and a pleasure to travel with)

You will love the Summit, it is a wonderful ship. And honestly, if the hairdryer is the only thing I can complain about........just thought I'd warn anyone else with long hair who was considering leaving their dryer at home.

Oh, and another cool thing.....they have removed the razor plug in the bathroom (which was a problem for my husband until he decided that he could shave at the vanity) and covered that area with what looks like a picture but is actually a kind of night light which is really handy.

Robin

Robin

Maybe I'll bring along a little duct tape :).

Thanks for your review....glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Loved your review and I'll bring the duck tape too.

It will weigh less than the hair dryer in my luggage :eek:.

Hi Robin,

That's a nice thing to have in the bathroom...the nightlight it is...We had no use for the razor plug...good for Celebrity. I always brought one from home :)...and I always bring my hairdryer on cruise...the ones one the ship burn the hair and are sooooo sloooooow :)

Did you find the layout of the ship similar to the Millenium ? We loved the Millenium so much and we were so happy to see that the Summit her sister ship was sailing to Bermuda.

Thank you so much for the comments on the kids, they truly enjoy the company of grown-ups and love to cruise...the Millenium Cruise is a nice memory for them and us, we made so many nice connections and memories.

Bye, Brigitte

We were on the Summit on the Feb 4 sailing. We loved her too!! I had bought a small travel hairdryer and was glad I did. Did you go to Bistro on Five - we loved it there. It was a nice quiet relaxed kind of place. The crepes there were delicious and the service was great!

Archived