Royal and a 12.5 month old

goofy810

So after bugging the wife for ever I got her to agree to bring our little girl on Enchantment of the Seas in May it will be us and her grandparents and great grandma. I have been reading alot of older posts but not sure what has changed so any help on the below questions would be great.

1. Are the pack and plays normal size or mini ones?

2. How are the cooks about steaming food so its real soft?

3. She is not feeding her self yet but will be by then im sure she wont be the cleanest baby how do the dinning room staff deal with messing kids (we will do our best to keep her clean and pick up what we can but at home puppy gets the little food we cant)

4. Do they have whole milk, and will they ever run out, wondering if we should bring some of the kind that doesnt need to be kept cold as a backup or not?

5. Our DD loves to splash in the pool are they alowed in the splash pool where there is no standing water, also thoughts on bring a blow up pool?

6. DD's grandparents will be in the room right across the hall will the baby monitor work , thoughts on leaving DD in our room and going across the hall to grandparents room?

im sure ill be posting more qu as we get closer thanks for the help

They are full-sized P&Ps...many folks will bring their own sheet....but I'm not sure how that might be laundered!!!

There will be plenty of soft foods....I don't think they'll steam stuff just for you, but there will be plenty of suitable foods to choose from.

Many will bring disposable bibs...the waitstaff is great with kids and their messes! No worries!

They will have plenty of whole milk...and if your little one has to do 2% for a day or two, it's only the fat content she'll be missing...the nutrient values are the same!

I don't believe Enchantment has a pool/area for diapered ones....a blow-up pool is a good idea (something small, like the "duck tub") if you want her to splash....and since the cabins only have showers, it will be handy for bathing!

Seems to be hit or miss on monitors...the steel in the ship seems to affect transmission. you can bring it and try it...if it works, I'd have no problem with being only steps away!

My twins were her age when we cruised. The first time I started cleaning up the floor after them at dinner, the waiter asked me to stop and said they would get it. When I didn't listen, he got more serious and said, really, they have the tools to clean up and would get in trouble if they let me do it. So don't worry about clean-ups. As cb suggested, we used disposable bibs with the pockets and I picked up anything large that was knocked down, but otherwise, I just enjoyed dinner. Plenty for the little ones to eat (soups can be drained, etc.). My pediatrician said not to worry about using low fat milk for a week. As cb said, one week of the lower fat doesn't hurt.

Best,

Mia

Everything CB said is true. As for the splash pool, I think your little one will be ok. We have debated this a million times about the Enchantment. The facts are, if you hold your little ones hand walking with or at least sit with while in the splash pool no one will say anything. I would not bother with a blow up pool unless you booked a cabin with no tub. In that case yes it would be come in handy for bathing each night. I have been on this ship 3 times in the past with a little one who at the time was not potty trained.

Archived