Spanish National Day?

We're arriving in Barcelona the day before Spanish National Day (which I hear is a public holiday for them). Does that mean all the attractions will be closed? It's our one day to "see" Barcelona and I'm afraid we're not going to see any of it. I couldn't seem to find any information online.

I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Hi - I think one of the benefits of siteseeing in Barcelona is that most of the sites are outside. We were initially concerned about this, but we just want to wander.

Cruise Junky! You're everywhere! I figured I'd post here first before asking our rollcall :)

I've never been to Barcelona and I wanted to see La Sagrada Família and possibly Montjuïc...you think it might be closed on their public holiday?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Spanish. 12th October is indeed our national day. Shopping centers and small shops will be closed.

Attractions will be open (generally they only close xmas and new year's day) and public transport will be operational.

Enjoy your visit

Hi,

I'm Spanish. 12th October is indeed our national day. Shopping centers and small shops will be closed.

Attractions will be open (generally they only close xmas and new year's day) and public transport will be operational.

Enjoy your visit

THANKS SO MUCH! I feel better now!

We're arriving in Barcelona the day before Spanish National Day (which I hear is a public holiday for them). Does that mean all the attractions will be closed? It's our one day to "see" Barcelona and I'm afraid we're not going to see any of it. I couldn't seem to find any information online.

I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks!

I will be in Barcelona on October 12th for the HAL Westerdam cruise to Rome. I had simil;ar concerns about the national holiday. I contacted several of the attractions to find out if they would be open. Among those that have responded and said they will be open on October 12th are: Museo Picasso, Museu Maritim, Miro, Aquarium, Museu National d'Art, Palau de la Musica and La Sagrada Familia. Hope this helps.

I will be in Barcelona on October 12th for the HAL Westerdam cruise to Rome. I had simil;ar concerns about the national holiday. I contacted several of the attractions to find out if they would be open. Among those that have responded and said they will be open on October 12th are: Museo Picasso, Museu Maritim, Miro, Aquarium, Museu National d'Art, Palau de la Musica and La Sagrada Familia. Hope this helps.

Thanks THS!!!

Archived