Rita's Fiesta Allure

maudde

We did Rita's Fiesta while on Allure. The 3 drinks for $20 was a good deal but the food wasn't great and we had the share the appetizers, entrees, etc with another couple at the table that we didn't know.

The other couple kept touching all of the food and double dipping with the chips and salsa so we were kind of turned off by the whole experience

The food is ok at best. The drinks are great! I bought a margarita in Rita's one afternoon and it was $11.50 with tip and all, so $20 for 3 of them is a great deal!

Hubby and I did the Fiesta in January but didn't do it in November because we didn't like the food which was served family style. We ate in Rita's for dinner one night in November and were really disappointed in the food....and the cost! There is a cover charge and everything is ala-carte.

I would have been grossed out if I had strangers sharing the food.....let alone double dipping! Yuck!

We did Rita's Fiesta while on Allure. The 3 drinks for $20 was a good deal but the food wasn't great and we had the share the appetizers, entrees, etc with another couple at the table that we didn't know.

The other couple kept touching all of the food and double dipping with the chips and salsa so we were kind of turned off by the whole experience

The food is ok at best. The drinks are great! I bought a margarita in Rita's one afternoon and it was $11.50 with tip and all, so $20 for 3 of them is a great deal!

Hubby and I did the Fiesta in January but didn't do it in November because we didn't like the food which was served family style. We ate in Rita's for dinner one night in November and were really disappointed in the food....and the cost! There is a cover charge and everything is ala-carte.

I would have been grossed out if I had strangers sharing the food.....let alone double dipping! Yuck!

Could you possibly elaborate about "family style" as this is a phrase or food presentation I'm not familiar with being from the UK?

We want to try this "fiesta" on our upcoming Allure sailing but not sure why you are "grossed out" by sharing and "double dipping"?

Could you possibly elaborate about "family style" as this is a phrase or food presentation I'm not familiar with being from the UK?

We want to try this "fiesta" on our upcoming Allure sailing but not sure why you are "grossed out" by sharing and "double dipping"?

Im a fellow UK cruiser! (In fact I'm a fellow manchester cruiser!)

I may be wrong but:

family style: Food is served in serving dishes in the middle and everyone helps themselves.

As far as I know, double dipping is where you dip a tortilla, then bit it, then use the same torilla to dip again... therefore putting something thats been in your mouth in the food everyone has to share... can sort of see why that might gross people out!

Im a fellow UK cruiser! (In fact I'm a fellow manchester cruiser!)

I may be wrong but:

family style: Food is served in serving dishes in the middle and everyone helps themselves.

As far as I know, double dipping is where you dip a tortilla, then bit it, then use the same torilla to dip again... therefore putting something thats been in your mouth in the food everyone has to share... can sort of see why that might gross people out!

Hi there fellow Mancunian! Thanks for the explanation. Now family style I understand but still don't understand why that is not acceptable. We've all been to a Chinese meal in Manchester where the dishes whizz around in front of you!

Mmm, double dipping, if that's how you describe then I can see the problem and would have to say something to the server to request more portions of the dip.

Hi there fellow Mancunian! Thanks for the explanation. Now family style I understand but still don't understand why that is not acceptable. We've all been to a Chinese meal in Manchester where the dishes whizz around in front of you!

Mmm, double dipping, if that's how you describe then I can see the problem and would have to say something to the server to request more portions of the dip.

I agree with you about family style, though i guess it depends on why youre sharing with... it might be a little off putting if they were sticking their hands in the food, but then, what adult does that? haha!

I agree also about asking for more dip!

I think it's because the others kept touching the food that was still in the serving pieces. Don't know if it was with their hands or their eating utensils.

We enjoyed Rita's Fiesta. We had 4 other people at our table. Food was good, not great. Drinks were great. They gave us sombrero's and little lighted gizmos that we hung around our necks. Lots of music, some dancing and just a fun time. If you are not someone that would get up and participate, then you might not enjoy it. For what you get, it's definetely worth the price.

Marianne

For those that have gone to the fiesta, was it a lot of fun and worth $20 for dinner and drinks? I have read the food is ok, but just curious how much fun you had. Thank you!

We went and had a fun time. They get you up dancing and make you wear hats and stuff. The price is good for what you get I think. The drinks alone would be close to that, plus the food was decent. Its not gormet food but it wasnt bad at all. Actually, I kinda liked it. In my opinion, its a great deal and allot of fun. Lets face it, we go there to have fun and have a few drinks and eat a bit. If you want gormet, go to Park 151...if you want to have fun, eat some mexican food and dance on the boardwalk...hit Ritas.

Family style is fine. As long as someone doesn't decide that they should touch everything on the plate, it's all good.

Double dipping is just rude. And as you say, simply rectified by multiple portions of the salsa. Best to put some on your plate and enjoy it that way.

Thank you for all your replies. Some of them are funny. We are a group of 6 and just want to have fun, so it sounds like we are definitely booking. I'm more concerned about having a great time more than the food and after having three margaritas Quest should be a lot of fun!

Just ge aware too that you don't just have to get margarettas for you 3 drinks. Members of our party were having beer and tekela shots too. Also, try to get there early and avoid sitting in the front left as you look at Rita's...the speakers and dj are there!!!

Archived