Review ... lotsa pics, not many words. NO PASSENGERS.

cruiserguy11

Is there anything in that dome next to the Queen Mary? Years ago when I went there the Spruce Goose was in there but I believe it was moved out long ago. Beautiful pictures!

We also went there as a young family ... (dern kids grew up :mad:) but at least left us with grandies...;)

The HH Spruce Goose was moved up to McMinville, Oregon ... and it still resides there.

Absolutely awesome pictures !!

How did you get them to post so big...mine end up as little thumbnails :(

Clarity and composition are great...what kind of camera did you use ?

You have to use a host server. I use the free Photobucket.

Thanks for the compliment on the C and C ... and I used a Canon 5D2 for these pics.

I just edited this to add one thing. I'm an amateur....but love photography. My last camera was a crop body Canon Rebel ...and buying a full frame camera was the BEST thing I've ever done. If you're into photography, spend the money (don't leave it to your kids) and buy a full frame camera ... either Canon or Nikon. The difference between crop body and full frame is beyond words in all aspects.

Is there anything in that dome next to the Queen Mary? Years ago when I went there the Spruce Goose was in there but I believe it was moved out long ago. Beautiful pictures!

The DOME which previously housed Howard Hughes' "Spruce Goose", a huge bomber built during the war made out of wood, is now the embarkation area - carryon luggage x-ray, boarding photo with Sail'n'Sign card issuance, etc. Travel up in this dome to the gangway and onto the ship. Have cruised the SPLENDOR twice. Want to get one more in before she leaves us for New York. :)

Those are such wonderful and beautiful pictures!!!!

I have been on the Splendor...but it is SO nice to see it without passengers.

SO NOW I HAVE TO ASK......WHY?????

Thanks.

Why, you ask? I personally don't like people in my pictures. I'll never be a wedding photographer, a sports photographer, or a portrait photographer. I think people, and/or cluttered backgrounds, make for a bad photo. And no, I can't always get away from cluttered backgrounds, but when I'm alone with no one bugging me I can usually succeed. Thankfully, for newlyweds or babies, that's only me. :p

I'm a landscape/seascape photographer. Period. My family gets pissed when I refuse to take family pics ... but I explain what I like to do,(and remember...you're good at what you like).... they pretend to accept it...lol. I know they don't but duh .....

At least I don't charge money for what I can't do as I see many "professionals" do. (And suck at it.)

22.jpg

cruiserguy11,

My crop body (Canon 60D) would have picked up on the two passengers in this pic in no time! I do agree with you on the FF though and do plan to buy one; all of my lenses have L in them and no EF-S. All but one; Rokinon 8mm and it's my favorite that I plan to really enjoy on our upcoming cruise.

Two of my sons are into DSLR now and they both have 70-200L and 24-105L lenses and 60D. For sports, FF can't compare to the reach of a crop though it's just perception to be sure. ;)

Great pics and really enjoyed your review!

Archived