Navigator WiFi Info

I stayed in a foward J/S on the Navigator that sailed the Eastern Carib leaving 09 April from Miami. The good news is that Navigator has WiFi in selected areas like the Crown Viking Lounge, Solarium, Promenade Cafe, etc. I was able to connect from the cabin with an ok signal. It is fifty cents a minute. but you get a five dollar coupon in the crown and anchor book. Also there is a few times that there are happy hours where the charge is a quarter a minute. The only bad thing was that my POP mail would not send over the RCI network, I received mail. More good news... I was able to find a free network in San Juan that had a great signal and allowed me to take care of things for notta.....FYI

I am sailing on the Navitgator in July and I was wondering about this. Was there any packages for the entire week? How did you know what areas of the ship had wi-fi? We would definitly prefer to do it this way instead of the cyber cabin. We have a corner aft cabin so I am hoping that we can use it from there. I am assuming you just searched for a network and your computer found it. What pier were you docked at in San Jaun? Sorry for all of the questions but I have been wondering about this. Thanks. :)

I sailed on the Navigator when they first unveiled the WIFI and paid 50.00 unlimited for 7 nights. I had my own Laptop with a wireless card and did not need to rent their's for 50.00. Maybe this was a special that they had when they initially rolled out WIFI. The hotspots are listed in the flyer they give you when you sign up at Guest Relations.

They have pamphlets listing the locations in the RC online center which is Deck 8 Aft inbetween the elevators. They sold minute packages none of which was cheaper that the happy hours which were in the afternoons on port days. You have to get a user name and password on RCI'S computers and swipe your seapass to be able to sign on the WiFi. Also the C&A coupons say to use the coupons before logging on, but Purser's desk said to use up the minutes then see them about the credits. I don't think they have a unlimitied use anymore. By the way, in every port I was getting a lot of networks, perhaps because of the height of the ship, but most were secure. Yea, I just searched in ports. San Juan was Pier 4, just outside of old town.

Does anyone know if this service is/will be on the Mariner? I'm planning on going this fall on the Mariner or Navigator. The WiFi may be added into the decision (I always need to be connected on my laptop :)).

Also, off topic, does anyone know if Johnny Rockets has a fee on all Voayger class now? I know there was a fee on Mariner, is that the case on Navigator now as well?

Archived