Secret door for sailaway.

generichandle

Exactly. I want to know WHERE the door to that deck is. We are on the last group to board so I will have little time for searching. Do you or anyone else know where the entrance is?

Doug

There is no door... just walk forward outside on Sun Deck and you'll reach the bridge wings.

1475543280_c1f3c14435_b.jpg

Embarkation - Sea Day1 096 by RickEk, on Flickr

Edited by RickEk

I have been on the observation deck above the bridge, too. There is a very nice view from there. A bit off topic, but if the Diamond does have a "secret place" I, would say it is the Wake View Bar, since it is accessible only through Club Fusion. Our kids use to call it "deck 13" when they were younger because it was their secret code for where they were going to meet away from parents. Silly kids.

Good luck to you and enjoy your cruise.

On the Ruby we followed instructions that were posted, lido deck forward through the door, and then through the door with the blue over the glass. On sailaway day we headed out there and no sooner did we step out and security arrived and said due to the wind they were not allowing anyone out there, from the second day on you could be out there This was during the 2/12 sailing

Pete

On the Ruby we followed instructions that were posted, lido deck forward through the door, and then through the door with the blue over the glass. On sailaway day we headed out there and no sooner did we step out and security arrived and said due to the wind they were not allowing anyone out there, from the second day on you could be out there This was during the 2/12 sailing

Pete

Yes, on the later Grand-class vessels with the extra Riviera deck, the bridge wings are accessible from going forward on Lido deck.

How do we find access on the Sea Princess? Sailing under the Golden Gate will be a nice photo op.

Thanks

on the Dawn Princess you can go on deck 10 starboard side so i suppose the Sea Princess would be the same

How do we find access on the Sea Princess? Sailing under the Golden Gate will be a nice photo op.

Thanks

on the Dawn Princess you can go on deck 10 starboard side so i suppose the Sea Princess would be the same

Yes it is! But be prepared, we sailed in July and it was very cold and windy up there. I've heard that some voyages have picture-perfect days and others, not so much.

5580455089_5457bbcb29_z.jpg

Sea Princess - San Francisco 006 by RickEk, on Flickr

For Grand Class ships:

Grand, Golden, Star, Diamond, Sapphire - The deck above the bridge is accessible by walking forward on deck 15 (deck above the lido deck).

Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Ruby - Get to this deck by going to the very front of Deck 15 (lido deck), there should be a door, which sometimes is locked in bad weather. This leads to the deck above the bridge.

Edited by littlesteelo

• 2 years later...

Thanks

The best photo op is after you go under the bridge. The light is much better IMHO. First pic January 2014. Second on the Dawn Princess June 2008

Cheers, Denise

154426275.jpg

100101820.jpg