Price Drops!

djr88

booked military rate got $100 drop switching to past guest but only because the person at the 800 number didn't know the new changes. Now I doubt we will get any drops as our fees and taxes are almost $200 less than if we booked now. Es rate is $20 less now but can't switch as it would cost me more to switch.

Curious, though, if my PVP will take a hit on this month's sales by 340.00? Does anyone know if PVPs are paid by monthly sales total or amount of cabins booked, etc? (is it o.k. to ask this?)

PVPs are not on commission. They do get credit for the booking, but I have been told and Ive seen it posted that it doesnt matter how much the booking was, it is just credit for the booking. If they make so many sales per month they get to be in the top 10, top 25, top 50 etc.

Im thinking they get bonuses for how they do for the month too.

Just sent in for my 3rd price drop also.

already have OBC of $196.00 on the first , 2nd and 3rd are both for $80.00.

Total of $356.00 First one took a week. So should be this Sat.for the 2nd and next Tues. for the 3rd if the week to 10 days is the norm as the Auto response states.

Still have 18 days until we sail, which gives me 16 days to check for more mprice drops.

OK... I hope I explained this clearly and that someone can help.

I am booked 7/8 for the Freedom with an inside. Called yesterday to get try and get a price drop. I was told I was ineligible because the average of all 4 guests was not lower than the current cabin rate for 4 guest.

my booking

$639, 639, 589, 389 = 2,256 taxes 382.96 total $2,638,96

new booking

$594, 594, 594, 594 taxes= 2,376 taxes 382.96 total $2,758.96

So for the experts, is this correct? Should I always look at the total for the cabin or at individual person? My thinking is if I booked now at $594, the 3rd and 4th should be less, just like my current bookings.

Can someone please explain why my thought process is wrong?

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Yes you can use the over 55 rate with ES.

Do a fake booking, with the same deck and category ( you should be able to compare your cabin with the ones available.)

I did Past Guest rate for the first price reduction, then over 55 for the next 2.

Still waiting to hear on 2nd and 3rd but only sent in last Sat. and Last night ( TUES.)

OK... I hope I explained this clearly and that someone can help.

I am booked 7/8 for the Freedom with an inside. Called yesterday to get try and get a price drop. I was told I was ineligible because the average of all 4 guests was not lower than the current cabin rate for 4 guest.

my booking

$639, 639, 589, 389 = 2,256 taxes 382.96 total $2,638,96

new booking

$594, 594, 594, 594 taxes= 2,376 taxes 382.96 total $2,758.96

So for the experts, is this correct? Should I always look at the total for the cabin or at individual person? My thinking is if I booked now at $594, the 3rd and 4th should be less, just like my current bookings.

Can someone please explain why my thought process is wrong?

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Ok, this is how I do it. I've received $180 off the price when I was before final payment. I also have $210 OBC from price drops.

First find out what category your room is. You can do this by selecting your ship on the carnival site and checking out the deck plans. For instance, my cabin is on the Riviera deck. I select the deck, find my cabin, and use the color coding to determine its category, which is 6B.

Then go to Carnival site and log in. Go to manage my cruise. View details and look at the billing tab. You will see all the guest names listed and then Cruise Rate (not the total). Use this rate to compare against your category price in the fare viewer. I do not know how to post links but go to the carnival site and search "fare viewer". You select the information relevant to your cruise, then at the bottom of the page, all the available categories will pop up. If a category is sold out it will not longer appear. I have used this for all my price drops. You are comparing the total from your cruise rate in your manage my documents section to the fare viewer total. Once you start getting the drops, you will just remember what the new price is. In my opinion, this is a lot quicker than doing a fake booking. Also when I noticed my original 6As were sold out, I upgraded to the 6Bs which had at least 10 cabins available. It cost me $20 to upgrade but I've gotten price drops since then to make up for it. There has only been one more price drop since then on the 6As which is only because the cabin I had became available. So thats my strategy. Hope it helps.

Let me clarify this please.

I looked under manage my cruise to find what I paid for each cabin.

Do I take the total without taxes?

If so, the number I got was $3317.00 for 3 PPL in a category 8K on the July 1st sailing of the Carnival Pride.

I went to fareviewer and it shows $3797.00 for 8K 3ppl in the cabin.

I am not sure what Total Cabin Amount Cruise Only means? Does that mean

without the taxes?

If this is all correct, then there is not a price drop.

Can anyone check this for me to make sure I am doing it right? I would really appreciate it.

I also have a category 8D booked but it isn't showing up on fare viewer.

I paid $3217 before taxes for 3 PPL in this stateroom. Is there any way to tell if there was a price drop if a category sells out?

Let me clarify this please.

I looked under manage my cruise to find what I paid for each cabin.

Do I take the total without taxes?

If so, the number I got was $3317.00 for 3 PPL in a category 8K on the July 1st sailing of the Carnival Pride.

I went to fareviewer and it shows $3797.00 for 8K 3ppl in the cabin.

I am not sure what Total Cabin Amount Cruise Only means? Does that mean

without the taxes?

If this is all correct, then there is not a price drop.

Can anyone check this for me to make sure I am doing it right? I would really appreciate it.

I also have a category 8D booked but it isn't showing up on fare viewer.

I paid $3217 before taxes for 3 PPL in this stateroom. Is there any way to tell if there was a price drop if a category sells out?

It is the cruise rate only and does not include the amounts listed under "Govt Fees Taxes and Other Charges". The cruise rate only is the amount you compare to the fare viewer. Sounds like you do not have a price drop yet. Keep in mind that just because the category is missing today doesn't mean it won't pop back on. All the oceanview categories except the obstructed view disappeared yesterday for my sailing but the 6Bs are back today. It pays to keep checking. We are only 24 days out so am expecting to see a few more reductions (hopefully). You didn't mention if you are past guest and what state so we can check against past guest and resident rates. If I don't enter a state or past guest, I get $3797 just like you but if I select past guest the rate is $3437 which still isnt a drop yet but closer to it.

Thanks, Smileyone. Yes, we are past guests and from Ohio. I will just have to keep watching now that I know what to look at. And what is really weird is that I have a macbook pro that will not let me view most of the Carnival website, but my son's Asus does view the whole Carnival site.

We got our first price drop for 1 of 3 cabins but I'll take it. $200 can buy me some good DOD's! I have to say I know most people say not to use a TA but ours is wonderful. I called her and told her about the price drop and within 30 minutes she had called Carnival and it showed up on my account. Soooo easy!!

If you booked Early Saver Rate.........

Go to this site: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

Search for your ship, sail date, and cabin category.

If you find the exact ship, date, and cabin category at a lower price that you qualify for.......... then you can submit the price protection form. You can find this form at the following site: http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Once you fill out the form and submit, it will take 7 - 10 days to hear back from Carnival to see if you have been approved.

If you have not made final payment, the amount will be taken off your balance. If you have already made final payment, you can either get an upgrade or OBC.

Good luck!

Thanks!!! This is exactly what I needed to know also!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you booked Early Saver Rate.........

Go to this site: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

Search for your ship, sail date, and cabin category.

If you find the exact ship, date, and cabin category at a lower price that you qualify for.......... then you can submit the price protection form. You can find this form at the following site: http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Once you fill out the form and submit, it will take 7 - 10 days to hear back from Carnival to see if you have been approved.

If you have not made final payment, the amount will be taken off your balance. If you have already made final payment, you can either get an upgrade or OBC.

Good luck!

okay this might be a really dumb question, but if you have paid your balance, and you are filing out the form and have the option of upgrade or OBC, how do you know what the upgrade is? i have a balcony room on deck 10 so where/what would the upgrade be? and would they just put me somwhere/change something without asking? my price did change and i was going to select OBC but now i'm wondering about the upgrade thing. thanks!

Archived