Can we please stop talking about the dawn and the storm!!

I am new to these boards but i have been reading them for about 1 month now and its gotten out of control like someone else made a thread on this topic. Everyone is curseing fighting etc. A wave hit a boat its not that bad i mean really it is mother nature and you are in the ocean. Thank you all and hope for all of your support.

I agree that some of the threads are a bit much, but all you have to do is stop reading them. You really can't ban people from starting posts on subjects that you don't like (other than those prohibited by CC's posting guidelines, of course). Also, you can start threads on topics that you WOULD like discussed.

DO YOU WHAT???? When I went to school for investagation we were taught the 5 W's Who,What,When,Why,Where. Look at all the News reports,they don't get half the story,sad in this day and age. All a big joke. As some one said they only like the negative side of something. SELL PAPERS,STORIES ALL B.S.

I am new to these boards but i have been reading them for about 1 month now and its gotten out of control like someone else made a thread on this topic. Everyone is curseing fighting etc. A wave hit a boat its not that bad i mean really it is mother nature and you are in the ocean. Thank you all and hope for all of your support.

How about everything in your room flying from one side to the other. 27 to 42 ft waves all night, had to put my hand against the wall the keep the bed from moving. I won't even let you knoe what a 70 ft wave feels like. All in all I had no prodblem my wife was a nervous and my 10 year old sleep through it. I commend the crew and staff they were great and did not deserve th treatment they recicved from some passengers. 62 cabins soaked on our floor the 9th we were lucky. But I can't wait to cruise again. My wife is thinking of it like having a baby don't want to do it right now but will in the future. Iam ready to book right now the rest of the cruise was great.

A lot of us want to move on too. I don't mean to sound callous and I do feel for those of you who had to go through it. I respect your right and need to talk about it. I just want to move on. Julycruiser, just skip the threads about the storm and respond to the others or start your own. Please don't flame me I'm just tired of all of the arguing.

A lot of us want to move on too. I don't mean to sound callous and I do feel for those of you who had to go through it. I respect your right and need to talk about it. I just want to move on. Julycruiser, just skip the threads about the storm and respond to the others or start your own. Please don't flame me I'm just tired of all of the arguing.

Speaking as an ex-70s hippy-type ... right on!

:D

It is obvious that you are bored with all the talk about the Freak Wave. I was on the ship and my cabin was flooded!!! We also endured almost 20 hours of violent seas.

I am sure that if you experienced what we did you would be interested in our trip.

Thank goodness that everything turned out ok, there were a few times that I was frightened. There were many people, especially older ones, who were panicked. This trip was a once in a lifetime experience for all of us.

It is overhyped. Everyone onboard was safe (except if you were in the bow crew area or in the front cabins that the wave came over). Note to self, don't book a low, forward cabin.

The forward cabins on the lower decks were not flooded by the wave. It was the forward cabins on decks 9 & 10 just below the bridge. Those large, forward facing balcony suites were never appealing to me- much to windy when underway and little balcony privacy from above.

Has the number of Dawn wave threads caught up with the number of smuggling booze aboard in ripped jeans yet?

Those threads have been blown away. One thread that has moved to the second page has 20,000 more views then anything on booze or jeans :)

Guys...please don't start threads just to talk about not wanting to talk about certain threads. This is the NCL board and if it has to do with cruising and NCL, it can be on the board. This thread, however, has nothing to do with NCL or cruising. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Archived